Put the mute button back, please ?

Jump to solution
jkay
Community Novice

Why on earth would Canvas remove the mute button in the grade book.  Any action I need to take that involves searching for procedures and having two screens open, one to follow lengthy instructions, and one to implements said instruction is plain nuts.  Put the mute button back.  

Do not give in to the compulsion to complicate your user interface.  Yes this is not a question.  It is advice but I spent too long trying to figure out how to make suggestion.    

You had a good product.  DO not make it harder to use.  

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @jkay  Thank You for posting your comments.  I can understand when features we like go away.  That's happened to me many times (not just in Canvas, but in life, too).  I'm not sure if you have visited the New Gradebook Users Group here in the Community, and I'm not sure if you've been following the Canvas Release Notes, but the legacy/Current Gradebook will be depreciated on January 18, 2020.  Based on your comments, it sounds like you might already using the New Gradebook in your course(s).  The "mute" functionality has been replaced with grade posting policies.  Some of the resources available include (but are not limited to):

I did search the Community to see if I could find any existing Feature Ideas related to your comments.  I found https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/14873-bring-back-grade-muting which is currently open for voting.  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something that you would like to see implemented in Canvas, I would encourage you to add your vote and maybe post a comment to the bottom of it letting Instructure know why this is important to you.

As for how to create new Feature Ideas here in the Community, you can read more about this by checking out this Guide: How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?.  Check to make sure an existing Feature Idea doesn't already exist so that there aren't duplicate Feature Ideas posted.  This page, Ideas, includes a button on the right hand side (scroll down a bit) to "SHARE NEW IDEA".

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Jane.

View solution in original post