Re-cross listing

Jump to solution
HFY
Community Member

I have a course into which I merged a few sections. Now I was told that I need to de-cross the sections for an application and then re-cross list the sections. I am worried about losing the work students have already submitted. I am less worried about the grades (which I can export), and more worried about the discussion board submissions, which I still need everyone to see. 

I am getting conflicting information as to whether the work would return when I re-cross list the sections, so I asking here.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeatherAhern
Community Team
Community Team

@HFY Thank you for reaching out to your community for support. 

As stated by @Chris_Hofer you can definitely check this in your Beta environment to see how it works. All data is stored within the course and not the section of enrollments. Therefore, when you de-cross list a section, any data connected to students in that section will be hidden within the parent course and you will not see it once the sections are separated. However, once you re-cross list the sections to exactly the way they were before you de-cross-listed, that information will be restored.

If you have assignments that are linked to an LTI, there is a possibility that these could be lost when de-cross-listing as those submissions are not stored in Canvas.

Can you provide more information regarding the application you are needing to de-cross list for?

View solution in original post