cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bill_cochran

SCORM Question

Jump to solution

Hello -

I'm using SCORM objects in a series of courses.  We have a course master and we clone new sections out from that master.

Everything works as expected in the course master. 

We have noticed that when we clone a course that contains SCORM objects, the SCORM objects do not copy over (although the graded / ungraded assignment pages where they live do).

Is this a known issue with SCORM objects and Canvas, or are we possibly doing something wrong when we clone the course?

Thank you,

Bill Cochran

Tags (1)
1 Solution
bacherts
Community Contributor

@bill_cochran ​, This is a known issue when copying courses with SCORM content.  We had a feature request that didn't receive enough votes: " modifiedtitle="true" title="Include SCORM objects on course imports ​but it maybe time to revisit and try again.  The workaround is to re-import the SCORM objects into the course after it is copied.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Sam

View solution in original post

3 Replies
bacherts
Community Contributor

@bill_cochran ​, This is a known issue when copying courses with SCORM content.  We had a feature request that didn't receive enough votes: " modifiedtitle="true" title="Include SCORM objects on course imports ​but it maybe time to revisit and try again.  The workaround is to re-import the SCORM objects into the course after it is copied.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Sam

hurnje
Community Member

We have the same issue and it is becoming more and more problematic. We will have to stop using it if we cannot copy courses with scorm intact.

bdalton_sales
Instructure
Instructure

This has now been fixed and SCORM content copies properly, you can see the release notes here https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-8768-canvas-production-release-notes-2017-01-28