cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvd103
Community Member

SpeedGrader UI issue 2022-08-03

Jump to solution

Has anyone noticed a SpeedGrader UI issue since the 2022-08-03 update? There appears to be lots of space when between the "View Rubric" button and  the "Assignment Comments" area. Clicking the View Rubric Button and then clicking Cancel beneath the rubric resolves the issue (see attached image). I do not believe this was an issue before the 2022-08-03 update.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions
bowmanr
Community Champion

@mvd103 -

I just used speed grader about 30 minutes ago and did not notice that issue.

I just went and checked a different assignment and the issue was not there(this was on chrome)

So, I tried out firefox.  The issue was there for me in firefox.  My guess is that it was in Chrome as well, but once you have done the steps you described (which I had), the problem goes away.
I had a thought about something I noticed in firefox, so I cleared cookies and cache after logging out and logged back in.  The amount of space is related to the length of the rubric - longer rubrics more space is put in.  

On my first attempt with firefox, I thought doing the procedure fixed it for any assignment.  My second login, it did not work that way.  Plus if I fixed it in speedgrader for an assignment and closed speedgrader.  The next time I opened speedgrader, it was back.

So there is definitely something going on

edit -

I have never submitted a ticket before, so I submitted this with a link to the forum question.

View solution in original post

bowmanr
Community Champion

@mvd103 -

I heard back from tech support.  They looked at one of my courses and did not see an issue.

so I went back into firefox and my issue had gone away.  So hopefully it was some strange transient glitch.  I'll check on my home computer which has not been used today and see if the issue is there. 

Hopefully it was a slight glitch in the software and they fixed it without telling anyone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bowmanr
Community Champion

@mvd103 -

I just used speed grader about 30 minutes ago and did not notice that issue.

I just went and checked a different assignment and the issue was not there(this was on chrome)

So, I tried out firefox.  The issue was there for me in firefox.  My guess is that it was in Chrome as well, but once you have done the steps you described (which I had), the problem goes away.
I had a thought about something I noticed in firefox, so I cleared cookies and cache after logging out and logged back in.  The amount of space is related to the length of the rubric - longer rubrics more space is put in.  

On my first attempt with firefox, I thought doing the procedure fixed it for any assignment.  My second login, it did not work that way.  Plus if I fixed it in speedgrader for an assignment and closed speedgrader.  The next time I opened speedgrader, it was back.

So there is definitely something going on

edit -

I have never submitted a ticket before, so I submitted this with a link to the forum question.

bowmanr
Community Champion

@mvd103 -

I heard back from tech support.  They looked at one of my courses and did not see an issue.

so I went back into firefox and my issue had gone away.  So hopefully it was some strange transient glitch.  I'll check on my home computer which has not been used today and see if the issue is there. 

Hopefully it was a slight glitch in the software and they fixed it without telling anyone.

0 Kudos
mvd103
Community Member

Hello @bowmanr! I just re-checked everything and it appears the issue has been resolved. Thanks so much for the help!