cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmurphy
Community Member

Student Usernames and Passwords

Jump to solution

How do I get my students username and password to give to them? Where do I find them? How do you reset password?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @cmurphy ​...

This may really depend on how your IT department at your school is handling student enrollments.  For example, at the Technical College where I work, logins into our instance of Canvas are a single sign-on process from our school's online portal website.  Meaning, students don't have to remember another username/password in order to get into Canavs.  They just use their given Network ID and Password.  My recommendation would be to contact someone in your IT department or someone who works with Canvas course setups at your school.  They should be able to point you in the right direction.  I tried searching BCBE.org's website, but I wasn't able to find anything about Canvas...otherwise I would have posted that information for you here.

Also, just so you know, I am going to modify your subject line a bit (since you're asking the same question in the body of your message).  I'll also tag your question with keywords.  Doing both of these things should make your question more searchable for people if they have similar questions.  If the subject line doesn't quite reflect what you are asking, just let me know, and we can work to make it right.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @cmurphy ​...

This may really depend on how your IT department at your school is handling student enrollments.  For example, at the Technical College where I work, logins into our instance of Canvas are a single sign-on process from our school's online portal website.  Meaning, students don't have to remember another username/password in order to get into Canavs.  They just use their given Network ID and Password.  My recommendation would be to contact someone in your IT department or someone who works with Canvas course setups at your school.  They should be able to point you in the right direction.  I tried searching BCBE.org's website, but I wasn't able to find anything about Canvas...otherwise I would have posted that information for you here.

Also, just so you know, I am going to modify your subject line a bit (since you're asking the same question in the body of your message).  I'll also tag your question with keywords.  Doing both of these things should make your question more searchable for people if they have similar questions.  If the subject line doesn't quite reflect what you are asking, just let me know, and we can work to make it right.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post