UPDATE: Uploading Quiz Files

Jump to solution
TCCInstructor
Community Member

I am an instructor. I have received directions from McGraw-Hill on how to upload their Test Builder files into Canvas. I tried both the Classic directions as well as the QTI New. The directions don't appear to work.  I tried uploading both types of files through "Settings" and also "Quizzes".

I contacted Canvas and based their review, inside the zipped file there is a .tbr file. Canvas staff states that it must produce an XML file in order to work in Canvas. I tried both the classic as well as the QTI New, neither appears to produce an XML file.

My school did not order "Connect" for this course and so the Test Builder is my only option. I need to upload 17 quizzes to Canvas.

All ideas are appreciated!

LHB

UPDATE: If you "export" located on the three dots on the right, it will not produce the files you need.  It gives you .tbr files.

You have to click on the "QTI" hyperlink located in the format column. I was then able to import on the QUIZ page.  

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @TCCInstructor ...

Full disclosure, I haven't used McGraw Hill to upload quizzes to Canvas for quite some time, so would have little to no experience with exactly what you're trying to do.  All that being said, I did some searching here in the Community and out on Google to see if I could find any resources for you.  I found the following, but I don't know if any of it will be helpful or not:

I'm hopeful that one or more of these links will be helpful to you.  Keep us posted here in the Community...thanks!

View solution in original post