Uploading Large-file Question Banks

Jump to solution
AB_CCDC
Community Member

Hello!

Are there file size maximums to importing QTI .zip files?

I am trying to upload a .4MB question bank to a Canvas course using the import existing content option and selecting QTI .zip file. I have successfully uploaded other question bank packages from Pearson, so I think my issues may be due to the size of the files. 

My internet upload speed is 167 Mbps, and a smaller question bank package from Pearson, just .1MB, uploaded to the same class without any issues. Is it possible that the file size is too large to be uploaded?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
cassidy_reed
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello Ana,

So the file size limitations that would effect these would be if the course you were importing these into was already at or above 100% capacity. This can be seen when going into the course and selecting "Files" then scrolling to the bottom of the page. I have also seen issues similar to this when there are multiple banks on a single QTI Zip file. In those instances I have had to click into the file and select the specific bank to import. At that point it was able to go through. If you need further assistance we would need to have access to the QTI file as well as view the course you are needing to import it into.

Thank you!

Cassidy R.
L1 Canvas Support
support@instructure.com

View solution in original post