Using Sandbox to back up Pages?

Jump to solution
RobinQ
Community Member

My Pages listing is getting quite large.  If I back up my Canvas into the Sandbox, can I delete MANY of the pages I have already done?  I feel like my Canvas has too many "saved" pages and I would love to clean it up. 

Is this a viable option? 

Will deleting unused Pages in my published Canvas course after sending them to my unpublished Sandbox course create issues for my published course?

When I want to use the Page again, can I just send that Page back to the published course?

Thank you so much!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @RobinQ ...

As long as your published course has pages that are not being used by you or your students, you could certainly import those pages over to your sandbox course if you wanted.  Just make absolutely sure that you don't have any other pages in your current published course that would link to those pages you don't want to keep in that course...otherwise there will be issues with links not working.  And yes, if you needed to put those pages back in your published course from the sandbox course, that's entirely possible.  This Guide might be of help to you: How do I select specific content as part of a cour... - Canvas Community.

I hope this helps a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post