Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Whenever I try to install OneDrive cloud assignment or even the GoogleDrive cloud assignment on my self-hosted CanvasLMS instance. I get the following error error {"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"unknown client"}I have tried this with m...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is it possible to export/ download student scores for the criteria in a rubric? Teachers must show growth in certain domains in addition to an overall rubric score for writing. A spreadsheet of each student's data would make this possible through Can...

• 10 Likes
  • 16 Replies

As a Canvas Admin, is it possible to #track changes to a course made by the course instructor, such as a file that was posted then later deleted? For example, teacher posts example essay and then later deletes it. (Not "unpublish) Then a Canvas Admin...

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi there.  We are new to Canvas, and my students are getting emails everyday when there are replies on the discussion posts in this course.  I know that each student can change their preferences for notifications, but is there a way I can turn this o...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,I am upload a enrollment, user, courses csv files via the SIS Import Api and i am having this error "Error while importing CSV. Please contact support. (Error report 45090000006448363)". This is really hard to find why occurs this error, please if...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I have an instructor i added to two sections of another class but she cannot view the assignments. Can you help me to know how to fix this?Thank youPrince.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvaseers. I am working on two different implementations of Canvas. In one, the content window stretches to 100% of the remaining space available in the browser window, but in the other, stops around the 75% mark (pls see screenshots below). I've...

• 6 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I have created a Quiz in Canvas with two questions that have the answer "0". One is a numerical answer question where students input "0" as the answer and the second is a fill in the blank question where students input "0".When students go to submit ...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, I am experimenting with letting students view the correct responses to their quizzes and exams. Historically I have not done this because my class is so large that it takes about a week to get everyone quizzed or tested and I want to mitigate ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I find it very frustrating that the Canvas quiz log seems to be inconsistent. I am hoping to get some feedback on several quiz logs (attached). These are from three separate exams given on different days. All logs are created by the same student. Thi...

• 8 Likes
  • 20 Replies

I can't find the answer to my specific question, and I'm hoping you all can help:A student misunderstood an assignment's instructions. I would like to give her another opportunity to resubmit.I do not want to give this option to any other students, a...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How does an instructor upload scanned submissions for an assignment and then grade them digitally in canvas?Use case:I have collected paper submissions of assignments from students. I have scanned the submissions into several .pdf files. Then I .zip ...

• 1 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I work for the ISD and have a canvas accoutn through the ISD.  How can I see my daughter's canvas accoutn without creating a new parent account? I do not see the pairing button to be an observer. thank you  

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Anyone running into this when trying to make a video comment in the speedgrader using Chrome v71?  Got a fix or workaround?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How can I upload a power point presentation into the discussion board?

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

My apologies if this was well documented somewhere...I noticed that the gradebook export changed at the beginning of 2019 to produce student names as first name last name, as opposed to 2018 where it exported as last name, first name. This change som...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how can my profile photo post right side up? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go to ALL pages, I get a notification, in 1 class, that the "null" page was deleted.1. How can I stop seeing this notification?2. What was the "null" page?I know how to get rid of deleted items notification within a page, but not in all pages.

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is it possible to get the time spent on a quiz when I download the student statistics from a quiz? One indicator of whether or not a student is trying honestly is the time spent, and I'd like to be able to download the data without having to manually...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have graded an assignment using highlights and comments, adding them directly to the viewing window on the speed grader window.  I have graded over 75% of my class and I am now finding out that my students can not view the highlighted portions of t...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I enter annotations in student papers in the SpeedGrader but hide the feedback until all of the papers have been reviewed?  

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi All:  I'm an academic librarian at a small community college.  Is there a way to put our database page inside Canvas and do away with the need for a proxy?  If students and faculty log in to Canvas, and it works with our ERP, it seems like this wo...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add TWO correct answers in a Canvas multichoice quiz?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I know I have seen the feature option to moderate an assignment, but I can't find it in Feature Options. Did it disappear or does something else need to be turned on at the account level?

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

When reading longer pages on Canvas, like lesson and assignment pages, the page constantly refreshes itself and jumps back to the top of the page. This is extremely frustrating. It refreshes every 8-10 seconds, which makes it very difficult to read a...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How can I get notified when a teacher updates a module?My teacher updates the module for homework and several times it is after I have looked at it (sometime after 6:00pm).The teacher does not use Assignments or Announcements which I receive notifica...

• 4 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I want to give points for attendance. How can I connect attendance to a gradebook column?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have an issue in which a we cannot push out a course shell to a teacher because Canvas gives us a message that tthe SIS ID is already assigned.  The teacher had an account that was manually created, but has since been deleted; and the SIS ID is no...

• 6 Likes
  • 11 Replies

While grading via the Rubric, the student hit the SAVE button, which closed the peer review to any further grade point inputs.How do I re-open the Rubric?The assignment is closed, but the 'peer review' period is still open.Thank you!

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I reduce the size of the giant icons that show up when I log into my canvas? How do I get rid of them?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies