Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We are set to use the Learning Mastery Gradebook this coming school year and will roll it out to our staff tomorrow.  We thought we knew most everything about it but just noticed that when we export the report we get 2 columns for each outcome: 1 for...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What would cause all of the past due assignments in my course to show up as missing even if they have been submitted and graded?In my gradebook, they are not marked as missing. They show a submission and have been graded. In the student's canvas acco...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My son is a freshman in high school and is having intermittent problems with assignments not submitting correctly in canvas. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. He usually uploads PDF's of assignments, occasionally a video. Sometimes he gets an...

• 2 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hi everyone, When I import a Blackboard Archive zip file into a Canvas course, the files all end up having the same creation date. Is there a way to keep the date of the actual creation to keep some order? Many thanks!

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We agreed to a date and time. He wants me to put the invitation on his calendar. How do I do that using Office 365?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I convert Power Point slides to Canvas?

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I need to create a way for students to collect a number of bi-weekly writing assignments in a private journal, or logbook, or portfolio.The complete collection of assignments will eventually be graded, but they will not necessarily be read or marked ...

• 8 Likes
  • 10 Replies

In Speedgrader, is there a way to shrink the size of the rubric? In order to see my entire rubric and the place to leave qualitative remarks, I have to move the rubric screen so far to the left that it shrinks the student submission until it's nearly...

• 36 Likes
  • 43 Replies

Is there a way to scroll through several assignments of a single student in speed-grader? I would like to easily compare student progress over time. Currently, I am opening a student's work in speed-grader, then going back to the gradebook and openin...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

What is the best FREE Plagiarism Detection Tools for elearning Professionals please?

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My announcement notifications showing up in my email are in Spanish.  My language preference is correctly set to English.  How can I change it back to English.  I have no idea why this started happening....

• 3 Likes
  • 16 Replies

How do I add a Case Study?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are currently pulling profile photos into Canvas from our on-campus ID card system by updating the avatar URLs via API as part of our nightly scripts. However, users can still change their picture in the Canvas GUI because they are not locked. Whi...

• 6 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I want to assign a quiz to a particular group rather than a whole class. I've set up the groups but I don't seem to be able to assign groups in a quiz.

• 20 Likes
  • 45 Replies

Is there a way to quickly upload the questions from a Google form/quiz to the question bank for a Canvas Quiz, or do I need to retype(or copy/paste individually) thousands of questions? Would it be possible to copy/upload at least the question stems ...

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I've seen syllabi with tabs on Canvas. I want to organize my syllabus with tabs. How do I do that? Here's a screenshot of a syllabus with tabs:

• 26 Likes
  • 45 Replies

Where do I go to unenroll from a course?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I add images for matching questions?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I can create a Front page in Pages in the group site yet the Home button doesn't allow me to use that Front Page. The functionality is clearly set in Pages to allow us to set one as the Front Page BUT there doesn't seem to be any functionality that I...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on the export from WordPress and import to Canvas process.  Say I have a course site created on WordPress.  I have the ability to export all of those pages and associated files, and I believe the export file th...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

There is a course-level permission called "Alerts - Add/Edit/Delete". The official definition of this function is below.  However, when I go to look at course Settings, I can't find anything about alerts.  Can someone enlighten me about where to find...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

It's the end of term and I have a whole bunch of grades. Mixed in the grade book are a few ungraded assignments here and there. Is there a way to see any and all ungraded assignments in some sort of list format so I don't miss any?

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How can I create a class email list based on my CANVAS class roster?Please let me know.Thank you.Jay

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have tried every which way to get this to work, and can not for the life of me figure it out. I have switched the video files around and still get the same result. I am creating a video carousel for my Canvas presentation at our Districts technolog...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can you set up anonymous discussion posting?

• 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to hide the inbox icon in the left navigation toolbar? possible CSS?

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

HelloI have recently imported content from one course to another.However since doing so both courses second pages seem to have lost the 'next' button in the lower right hand corner of the page. I have created my own button on the home page that links...

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have been using grace periods for assignment submissions with some assignments, and I was wondering if there is a way I can disable how Canvas flags an assignment as late if submitted after the due date?  I tried deleting the due date after the gra...

• 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies

In the Kung-Fu Canvas module, it mentioned students being able to upload posts from either Instagram or Snapchat via the "online submission" option.  However, I have not been able to find any information that would actually explain how students would...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to publish all the assignments and all the files within a module at the same time, or to publish or unpublish all the modules within a course at the same time?I've recently copied a course's contents into a new course, and am trying to...

• 2 Likes
  • 17 Replies