Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

What is your preferred software to use for desktop publishing?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when I click the webcam button to start my assignment (I actually need to do a short video recording) the permissions button that pops up doesn't stay long enough for me to give the permission. It's almost like a flash.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have now recorded a 45 minute video assignment twice and it is failing to upload. I have used this same computer for multiple recorded video assignments in the past without difficulty. Please call me to help me resolve this as I cannot continue to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change a rubric score after I have hit save and submitted the student's grade? The system is not currently allowing me to edit my rubric score after I have saved it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assigned work to students and all of them submitted it. I graded it and students saw their grades. However, the score is gone from my grade book and students did not see their scores for this assignment too. Is it possible to retrieve the score bac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What does the Canvas Logo represent? Or what does it symbolize or mean?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

@CanvasDocTeamI have two items that I was importing that are now frozen and stuck running and will not finish the import. I have several quizzes in the queue waiting to import. I searched to submit a ticket to support but do not have that option, and...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, might be super specific but hopefully helps others too: I want to set an Assignment Group rule to drop the lowest quiz in a set of 5, however the 5th quiz is optional (it's a chance to replace a previously lower score).Students have already c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

last year I went by another name, and I don't go by it anymore I would like to go by my government name again, but it won't let me change the name to default.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the past, I was able to have the variables in a formula-based question displayed in scientific notation. For example:With this format, the numbers were displayed to students in scientific notation as opposed to an insanely large decimal format. Ca...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I undelete discussion topics. I've tried using /undelete and the discussions in questions don't appear on the list?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have more than 300 students in 1 course. We need to give access to an external party to check results and assignments for 5 students. What would be the best way of doing this so that they don't have access to the other students.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you open a power point presentation or pc document (lesson plan, worksheet, etc..) on a mac laptop? I received a new laptop and don't remember which toggle on the computer allows for that transparency

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm the instructor for the course listed above.I had a class roster of students and I have been grading their assignments. Yesterday, when I logged into the class no students are rostered to this class. Please help!Alma Beaudoin, PsyDalma.beaudoin@al...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are trying to create an ordering question where students have to place planets from closest to the sun to farthest from the sun. We want the whole question to be worth 8 points (1 point per correct planet placement). However, it ends up grading al...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,This may be a feature request: Is it possible to autosave rubric scores and comments in speedgrader? This has happened to me a few times where I am grading an assignment with a rubric that has say 4 or 5 criteria and lose my data.Scenario 1I'm at ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have Populi as our SIS and Canvas as our LMS. The dates for the semester are posted into Populi and that information connects in Canvas. What doesn't seem to connect is the early access dates where students and faculty can have access prior to and...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems it is only possible to add an url to the helpdesk menu in Canvas. Is it not possible to add an emailaddress?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

why are some grades showing up in the grade book and some are not? when you click on the assignment the grade is in there but not visible.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I assigned tests to multiple classes and I can only view exams for 1 of my classes. How can I retrieve the test taken by other classes. I may have accidentally removed them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On the iPad, the student are not able to Zoom in on Canvas pages with pinch gesture, will this be available soon?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach foreign language and am wondering about the types of activities that can show that a student has stopped viewing the quiz taking page. I know, for instance, that my students use Chromebooks, and a built-in feature of the Chromebook is a trans...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So all quizzes, assignments and other stuff is working. It's just that the lessons do not load up. It's all white, it only shows "workbook" in the middle of the screen.My wifi is perfectly fine, I am on the latest version of chrome (107), and I have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If SCORM packages are not updated to require signed launch links, the encrypted launch links can be copied, however, they are only valid for a few seconds after they're initially requested and users see a "Token has expired" or "Player could not load...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

student, i do not know how to reproduce this issuewhen i open my canvas test the text boxes for each question disappear after 3 seconds or so. cannot answer the questions, i am a firefox user on canvas computer versioni have tried reloading the page ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want my three new announcements to show up when the students open the classroom. It appears that only one of these is showing. How can I adjust the settings in order for all three to show up?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My professor put me in a group on Canvas with a handful of my other classmates and we're supposed to be working on a project together so I've been trying to contact them by posting discussion posts with questions but none of them have been responding...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was looking at the instructions on how to submit peer reviews for the tailored resume assignment and I am having problems finding the link for "Assignments." This link does not show up when I click on the dashboard link nor on the navigation bar un...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I send an email to all learners? I located the email function in New Analytics but this was not helpful. I am looking to send an email to all learners in the Canvas course (as I was able to send in Blackboard, Tools, Send Email)?Thanks in adva...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I uploaded a file in the Discussion Board part of Canvas. I check my calendar twice and the uploaded file. It is successfully submitted but when I checked the graded assignment of my teacher the file was not visible anymore (in her end nor in my end)...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies