Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I created a 45 question quiz and I cannot retrieve it. It seems to have disappeared. How do I retrieve my quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,As a teacher, I was had this situation:There was an assignment due the day before Q1 ended, but I had a personal emergency that day until 3 days after Q1 reports had come out. All students automatically were graded 0 out 25, and that showed up ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I find the flashcards I made in canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can we push Canvas through Clever faster. We requested the application through Clever already, waiting on Canvas to accept so we can set our rules and get started, looking to open this up by next week at the latest.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

A student of mine just took a test in which the essay-type questions didn't make a text box available. The multiple choice questions worked fine, but she couldn't enter anything for the questions that required written answers. No other students had t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm new here and I have to make a quiz for my students, but I don't completely understand it and it is having glitches I think.

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New to Canvas and already lost and/or having difficulty. Trying to complete 1.5 test, where it ask you to show proof that you know how to upload your picture and customize your settings. Well, they provide you with two different ways to prove yoursel...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

in previous learning platform when a student did not attend clinical for a week i was able to enter an "exempt" grade in grade book for that week and points redistributed. Does the "excused" option perform the same function in the grade book??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where do I find the legend telling me what these color coded flags in my course grade book mean?ty

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I like to prepare a recap announcement for my virtual office sessions (VOS) ahead of the VOS, to facilitate faster turnaround for the students. This includes a link to my video recording of the VOS (including their questions and our discussions), lin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Interactions in Canvas are included in reports "when you contact the student via Conversations or when you leave a comment on an assignment." [source; I'm pretty sure Conversations means Inbox in this case].Comments on rubrics to students as well as ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My Canvas gradebook behavior has been changing in the last few weeks. (I assume this has something to do with new updates, such as the new quiz options.)This week I do not see the date and pulldown for prior submissions on the same assignment. The as...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between the Total and the Overall categories in the gradebook?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a question about updating titles of questions in the Question Bank.I created a series of quizzes and tests broken down into domains and subdomains, but did not replace default "Question" name when making the quizzes. When I go into the Questio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are having an issue with importing QTI 2.1 files with linked (or any for that matter) images into item banks in new quizzes.Before 11/9/22 we were able to successfully import QTI 2.1 files into a Canvas Item Bank.Post 11/9/22 we are not able to do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where do i see if im registered as a teacher or student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, would like to know if there is documentation that will assist me in understanding Canvas Logs as obtained when students take exams:Interested to know what is happening belowwe have an exam in progress rows 1&2 on exam SITE IDThe suddenly we see a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am seeing duplicate video previews in our canvas instance. I have checked the Html code and tried it in various online HTML editors. It works fine in them and shows only a single preview.May I know how do I fix this issue?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I’m unable to download content for two of my courses showing option to Generate ePub per attached image. Please advise.Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I posted a file upload question quiz on canvas. Students submitted their work with PDF files and I graded in Canvas app on ipad. I put annotation on their pdf file, however students won't be able to see my annotated feedback on their end.If it's a fi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello awesome Canvas community!Our school has used Canvas as an LMS for many many years, and the position of Canvas Admin has be re-delegated several times during that period. We have noticed that there are many old users that still show up in the sy...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a student who I have edited his section, but when I go to my Learning Mastery Grade book, he does not appear in his section. In fact to obtain his Mastery Learning scores, I have to go to People, locate him, and then access his grades through ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My lockdown browser is not allowing me access to take tests. I had someone to speak with the IT department at William Carey and they stated that it is Canvas related. I need some assistance quickly.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to set 'preformatted' as the default style on student answer box for essay questions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Under Assignment i do not have the sync option how do i get then

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This semester, some students have had trouble getting video files to upload on assignments (beyond size issues). Sometimes they get them to upload, but I then need to download them, rather than watching them within Canvas, as I have done in the past....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add questions from an existing quiz to the question bank? I don't have the "Build" option when I click on the 3 dots associated to the quiz.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We're trying to determine if there's a way to set the position of external tools such as LTIs in the Course navigation menu globally for all courses?From what I can see we could utilize the Tabs API to reorder the menu items but that would very ineff...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies