Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can someone please tell me what kind of questions in New Quizzes accept Math Quill and LaTex.Can you use either in the answer choices of a multiple choice question?Can you use them for the answer choices of a fill-in-the-blank question?Can you use th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It's pretty much in the title.  To my knowledge, teachers can only view a specific student's grades in their own class, not other courses.  For example, an AVID teacher or support staff member might want to see a student's grades in Math, ELA, Scienc...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Questions on student quiz not show for all students 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to know how to get my next classes for the spring semester, so I can get started today. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When will my spring classes show up on dashboard? I know classes do not begin until January 17th but I thought the classes I'm registered for would show up on Dashboard already. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and it would be really helpful if I could alter the method Canvas uses for naming duplicated assignments currently it names them by just adding the word "Copy #" for example:Assignment Name (original)Assignment Name Copy (first dup...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way for me to duplicate a group of assignments instead of duplicating each assignment one by one and then moving them around?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students that have already completed the course in question are showing up in the courses' new roster.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HI all!Did someone try to add a Javascript snippet to their Canvas page? If so, can you share how you did it? I'm trying to implement Intercom on my Canvas page. Thanks! Tom

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added Name coach on my course, but my students are unable to access the same. They get the following error. Can someone help me to get the same corrected.Oops! Something went wrong =(Please try again laterWe didn't get all the parameters that we ne...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to take attendance for all sections within a Canvas course at once, instead of going section by section? We have a manually created course that we've cross-listed SIS generated courses into, totaling around 100 students. All students c...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there any external apps that do not require a key or are free to users?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When making a folder, we have the "only available with link" option. However, I don't know how to get/share that link. If I use the naive link showing in the URL for that folder, when I share it to my students it says "the specified resource does not...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to sync the mastery gradebook to Skyward (any any SIS) instead of the standard gradebook? We're trying to implement standards-based grading, but Skyward doesn't actually support it in any meaningful way.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

the account tab on the left does not yet have the profile tab activated, so do I wait for the activation or is there any other way that i could access the profile section, thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've seen other posts where they entered a bad URL, but I have a situation where it's the exact same URL to an external tool. The URL includes a resource-ID like https://server/lti/test?id=123 and the Developer Key for the app is configured at the ac...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

when I try to check my assignment grades from last semester, it says access denied.  How do I check the grades from my last semester?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to know in which part of the API is the creation of users, evaluation information and student attendance.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Posting this although I see questions like it have been asked before and not really answered.  As a teacher, if I duplicate an assignment within my current term (I believe) I can edit and delete the duplicate.  When I duplicate from last term though,...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dropped a class and registered in a different class. Wondering how long it'll be before the new class shows up in my canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, i will be leaving the country for a couple weeks soon, am i able to access canvas while in mexico?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new to the parent/child groups in Canvas, but I love the fact that I can create one assignment for all the sections of the same class that I teach. However, when I try to synch the grades to PowerTeacher Pro, the only grades that synch are the "...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, hopefully an easy one. A Teacher would like to setup polling via a forum using "Likes" as the voting mechanism. I thought this would be fairly easy to do but having gone into the Discussion Settings I can't find the "Sorting" option highlight...

• 2 Likes
  • 16 Replies

There was a problem with Turnitin Reports a while back and I asked a question which wasn't answered.https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Unable-to-view-Turnitin-Similarity-Report-from-Canvas/m-p/477104Could you provide the most up...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have a 10 points´quiz with 5 questions and each question scores 2 points, but at the Speed Grader one of the questions is shown scoring 1 point and the final score for all students that got right all questions is 9 out of 10. How can we fix this pr...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm curious as to where the training services portal is. I have the free K-12 version, and just clicked under 'Help' but cannot find it. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

From experience & this forum, I see there is really no straightforward way to assign a quiz to a student group - I'd really love to see that capability, though.Has anyone tried creating a goup assignment then including a link to the quiz in the assig...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I upload videos from My Media into my courses?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a parent create an observer account without a pairing code? Several pairing codes have been sent but are not working. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies