Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello there-Is there a way to disable the auto-generated email when a user is added to a course? We send out our own message with instructions/how to sign in and the email from Canvas just seems to confuse people. Especially if they see that one befo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HEELO HOW  I WILL DOWNLOAD A COURSE FULL COURSETHANK YOU

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have an Assignment (final course assignment) placed in the last Module of my course which is locked until near the end of the course. BUT I want students to be able to see/read the Assignment (or even submit, I don't care) before the date of when t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I do know understand how to get to the tutorials /videos my instructor has advised to veiw  and power points?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Anyone currently having this issue.  This has been getting progressively worse over the past week.  Started with once or twice and a refresh would help-but now it is consistent and not letting me view any of my students' submissions.  Any insight tha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

ello, I posted this to Canvas Commons but wanted to see if you could help.  I am printing the grades of students with D's and E's so far.  In two one of my sections, when I go to a student to print, the final grade doesn't show.   Here is a screen sh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, does anyone know how to filter out students who are exempt from an assignment, when sending out messages?My goal is to reach all students who have not delivered yet, without sending a message to those who are exempt from delivering.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I have rubrics from several classes and none are visible to students. The rubric section is not x out and is part of the normal course content, but it is not visible to students or to me when I am in the student view. Not sure how to resolve th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how i can record  a video?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone,We noticed that with the improved outcomes management, we cannot set up different mastery scale for different outcomes! This is a big issue for us as not all the outcomes share the same e.g. 5 point scale. This applies to the naming of th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With Classic Quizzes I could tell how long a student spent on a quiz even if it was un-timed.  This was useful  when I needed to tell a parent that the student was racing through the quiz and not working carefully. Is there a way with New Quizzes to ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

An instructor familiar with using multiple browsers showed me his personal computer's (Windows) Firefox browser has this message which prevents him from being able to use the annotation tools on submitted papers.     It only shows in Firefox on his ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

how can i download microsoft office

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone had difficulty getting the 3 dots on the module page to work? I'm trying to edit and delete some of the pages. I can usually do this by clicking the 3 dots, but they don't always work. Any ideas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2022 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Greetings,I'm wondering if there is a feature that would enable, at the assignment level, the ability to make an assignment only viewable and required for students who are enrolled in Canvas prior to a certain date?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to do a quiz and the message keeps popping up "503 - Service Temporarily unavailable" 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I open my canvas but it show that I don't have any class. but I have 4 classes this semester already . on my phone canvas is defrrent .  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. Last week I had an assignment where I had to reply to a discussion thread. This assignment was due Saturday. My assignment this week is to reply to my peer’s replies from last week’s discussion, however I am having difficulty doing this. There...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On a quiz, the TEST STUDENT is listed as having missed every question and the class average is affected. How do I turn off grading of TEST STUDENT?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas Community,I want to use the Speedgrader to quickly make comments directly on paper. I currently use an iPad with Apple Pencil, but it's too slow and choppy.Has anyone tried it on one of the Microsoft Surface Pro machines? In a native app, or v...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have looked very closely at many different posts and cannot find an answer to this.Students have submitted their answers to a quiz.How can i change the point values to any of those questions and regrade ALL students ? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am teaching 2 lectures of Chem 14BL (Chem 14BL-1 & Chem 14BL-2)Is there any way to have both to be merged into a single course.Please let me knowThank you so much

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help deleting my account, it won’t let me do it on my own.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I limit the use of the Attendance tool for a manually created Course role? Tutors may be able to view attendance but should not be able to edit attendance.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Everytime i log on nothing shows up, it just appers to be blank.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am curious what updates have been made to Canvas in the last 10 years. As I read through this forum, I see MANY suggestions tha Canvas has completely ignored. I'd like to see what they have been working on so that I can better understand why we are...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,Looking for PDF resources on building New Quizzes with question pools. Thanks in advance!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The student view for attendance is easy to read and visually appealing. Is there any way to export this information for all students into a pdf for the staff to view? Our counselors are supposed to contact families if a student misses a certain numbe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made my quizzes in +Quiz, not in the Manage Question Banks.  Now I like transfer those individual question into Manage Question Banks where I can select them to create my quiz.  Transfering questions within the Manage Question Banks has that instru...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies