Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have been trying to log on to canvas on my laptop & I just so happened to forget the password. I have been trying to reset my password for 3 days. I haven't received the reset email each time that I have put it in. It's not in my spam mail or anyth...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I keep the word "Assignment from appearing in the Grade Book?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I keep the word "Assignment from appearing in the Grade Book?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am a new student and never did any online course before. Cant find my course and how to access the orientation. Can you please help me.thanksNaofa

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have code that fetches a list of students in the course using the following endpoint:CANVASURL:443/api/v1/courses/COURSEID/users?enrollment_type[]=student&enrollment_state[]=active&per_page=100 Previously I would receive student data that looks lik...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am supposed to take Canvas Fundamentals but I can't figure out how to get into it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas won't completely load, my web browsers and everything else works on my laptop, except for canvas I've tried all different web browsers such as google, Microsoft, etc. I can log on my canvas on anything else and it works but not for my lapto...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I set a particular course as default in the Canvas Inbox, so each time I open the inbox, it opens at that course rather than 'All Courses'?  Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To Whom It May Concern,I took a virtual online course virtual lab last week-end on 08/20 & 08/21 called "ISPI-CE 48 Online Therapeutic Neuroscience Education" . I would like to know if this course has been approved by the Florida and Indiana board of...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Thank you for the guides instructions, please can you tell me where to find "MY LIBRARY"? I have a hard time finding My library to start the different steps in order to record a video. I am using a computer with Microsoft edge and wave browser. Thank...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For a week now unfortunately my canvas does not work. It does not show any classes on my dash board, doesn't show the calendar or any other feature only the support or help column. It's weird because it works perfectly fine on my mobile app but not m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students have submitted assignments that need grading and they are not showing up in my "To Do" list. They are not showing up in my dashboard view or within the individual course shell. I'm only receiving this "needs  grading" alert for one section, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I establish different modules for different sections of a course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, I am using a chromebook - it is up to date, I have cleared the cache, i have restarted / shutdown numerous times, but when I get into Dashboard my classes do NOT show up.  I can access all my classes on my Android Smartphone so it must be a Chrom...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I open my instructor’s video (uploaded in modules) and it plays on a safari. (I am using my iphone for study). The video progress bar on the bottom covers the bottom part of slides that my instructor goes over. I hope it does not cover the ppt slide,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For graded discussions, is there an easy way to give all students access EXCEPT a certain student or two? I assign short responses after many of my classes, but I don't want absent students to have access to those discussion threads. I realize I can ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have multiple courses that I edit daily, and when I move to new section (modules or home page, etc) a new tab opens.  I prefer to have them open the old way on top of the last page.  Is there a way to change that setting?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I (student) was doing a timed quiz and used my phone (mobile app) to view the questions while I was using my laptop to work on the answers. I was left with 10 minutes left for the quiz and when I tried opening the quiz on my laptop, it said that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create an External Link within a module and check "Load in a new tab", the created link does not navigate away from the current page (although it may create a new tab or window) when clicked.How can I provide a video link in an assignment that...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I made a free-for-teachers account and would like to create a public course, available to anyone with the URL. I followed the instructions here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-customize-visibility-options-for-a-course/ta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I download canvass on my iphone? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

on the course section, I have two classes that say I'm a student and enrolled but for published it says no does that mean I'm in the class or no?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the message below, please explain: "resend the confirmation email for this email address." what address is this referring to?The message you sent with the subject line "Re: FALL 2022 - FREE TUTORING SERVICES (IN-PERSON & ONLINE) FOR OHLONE STUDENT...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I have a TA in my class and it appears if I put in Library Comments they do not seem to transfer over to them. Is there a way to do this without copying and pasting them again?Best,Brent

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We use Canvas to service hundreds of jr. highs and high schools across the US, and have spent millions of dollars developing our IP.  Not having an option to turn off the export button for teachers and TAs creates massive issues for our legal team.  ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 Replies

When on a laptop and using Chrome.....The top 1/3 is wasted. I can currently see only 15 students. There is too much scrolling to enter scores from paper.  Our class average is 30-35.Is there a way to see more student entries without scrolling?Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This program greets me as "Emblen" which I find annoying since this is my surname.  Please change to Ms. Emblenthank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student. I'm just receiving strobes on main canvas screen with 6 squares when using my laptop it just keeps the boxes strobing with the format but not info on them. The icons on the left don't change out. My canvas mobile works fine.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a fairly new Canvas admin and was wondering if the attached changes were possible. Basically we are looking to delete, rename, and reorder some navigation items within a course for the student view. If these changes are possible, would it be out...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If each unit in my course is a module, what is the best way to post readings (pdfs) specific to that module? I've tried linking files to a module and it won't let me get back and add new files after the first bunch. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies