Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

For some reason, I have grades that won't "stick". I grade the student then it reverts back to ungraded. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Do I need to use Canvas or is everything I need right here on my Dashboard?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student made Works Cited pages in Google Docs and then upload to Canvas (I clicked online submission - File Upload). Every document lost its formatting when uploaded - specifically, the hanging tab that is required in MLA Works Cited pages. Any sugge...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all,Quick question here...is there any real benefit to uploading files to Canvas to use in courses vs. linking to files in OneDrive (or other cloud storage) so they can be changed when need be? Thanks so much! 

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an instructor attempting to transfer large quizzes (exams) from Moodle to Canvas. Most of the quiz questions contain pictures. After the transfer to Canvas, many of the pictures are all messed up. Most of the pictures end of with the wrong quest...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas CommunityWhen running a 'Missing Assignments' report from New Analytics I want to filter by assignment.  However, one ore more assignments appear to be missing from the available filters.  Is this because they have multiple due dates? Man...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiAnyone know how to move the help icon at the bottom of the page? It sits over the "next" button and I'm trying to check all my pages and it's permanently in the way.Resizing the screen doesn't help! Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have followed documentation guide for uploading a file and tried the sameUploading Files - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation (instructure.com)In canvas, my file is uploaded, but image is not appearing as original file Attached my canvas file SS and...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

At present students have to click 'view feedback' to see my annotations. Is there a way to enable autoloading for DocViewer for all students across the instance, as it's a bit of a UX issue at my school at the moment, and lots of students are missing...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am a student, and I am unable to view the class that I am enrolled in.  How can I figure out how to add it?  I have clicked on my courses, and clicked on view all courses.  The only thing showing is the tutorial.Thank you for your help!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an (ungraded) class that I require students to upload a file showing their work on an exam. Once the due date has passed, I go look at the exams and I use "pins" to leave feedback. Then I mark the exam as "incomplete" i Speed grader so that I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor and have a multilayered course and am wanting to transfer this into Canvas. What is the best way to do this?Do I need to edit the existing course ( which is in another LMS) to make it more flat ( i.e. only a 2 layered course) or is...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, how can I provide a student with access to oral presentation and sharing their Power Point on the screen during the Zoom meeting?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings,  I am a course grader and I am wondering how to view a student submission without opening the file?The speedgrader view is faulty. I am trying to find another way to either embedd a code to view the student's submission or figure out what ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help with creating away to input I for incomplete for students who do not  complete the course. Students may, or even will, think that they have completed the class if they see a passing  grade based on the running total formula. 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As Instructors  in our Canvas community uses the"Course Link Validator" tool provided, it often time displays the message "Found (number of) Broken Links,"however most the times this is not the case. This message is often times displayed when the lin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey, there!Within the past few weeks, some of our custom JavaScript functions have stopped working. Specifically, it seems like Canvas is blocking clickable eventListeners. In our case, we lost some functionalities and DOM manipulations because of th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when i get to my dashboard on rcc canvas it tells me that my card is empty, and just a day before that it was working.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas added extra points to total exam points, which ends up hurting students. I fixed it but now canvas just totals the points minus the exams until I update the scores. Is there a way I can just do this once for all students or do I need to go to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you move a module from one Canvas shell to another?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am super new as a Canvas admin coming from another LMS. I have created two "Account Roles" (Building Administrator and Tech Admin) at the District root account. The only way to have them have the Start a new course button appears to have users with...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We use a Blueprint Course with associated courses to organize our courses. We've started adding 3rd party/external tools to some courses and we are finding that a majority of the time, the external tools are not syncing correctly to the associated co...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have images embedded in questions that are in multiple question banks. When I look at the bank the images show up for me. They also show up in the student preview. When students try to take the quiz the image doesn't show up. I attached an image of...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to enable self-enrol to a course for students who don't necessarily have an account in my instance of Canvas - some of them have existing Canvas accounts for other institutions. The issue I have is that I created the secret link, but when I sh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey Guys, just wondering how we find the information that contains the order of in which we should complete our modules. I have no clue where to find this information and have looked everywhere I can think. TIA-Jade

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a colleague who works in a different company and has a different email to everyone else. When this colleague clicks on links that I have made within the canvas course it asks them to sign in using my companies email address? Is there a way tha...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies