Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I opened self sign-up for a group set this morning in one of my courses. It was a time sensitive thing as students had to sign up for their preferred group with limited places available. I opened all groups at the same time through Edit > Allow self ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Our grade posting policy has been set to manual. We have received complains from a few of our lecturers about posting the grades. They mention that even when they chose to only post the grades to the Graded student in an assignment Canvas Gradeboo...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Faculty were delivering timed Quiizzes during the 12/7 AWS outage. Students were kicked out of Canvas. What will happen to the timer when Canvas becomes available again? Will it have continued running so the student window to take the exam will have ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I showed a colleague how to migrate a Classic Quiz into New Quizzes. I showed her once in my course, and once in hers. Everything seemed fine. A few hours later, I received two email notifications that "Course Export Finished," one for my course, and...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

the course i teach varies slightly year to year and i'd like to access previous year's published course on canvas for comparison. on the dashboard/published courses, there's only: Growing With Canvas when there shoud be the published courses for my c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using Canvas for Elementary, it seems like students can not find assignments unless there is a due date or linked to a page or in a module.  In Canvas, students can go to Assignments from the navigation, but in C4E they can not access from the S...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher getting this error on one of their courses when trying to sync grades. The error only references the course name, no specific assignments. I can see there are 2 students in the course that do not have any sort of final grades, I am n...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We're looking to leverage the LMS for possible doctoral committee review processes. I have heard of others using Google Docs or Office365 for this, but that seems to be too clunky. Does anyone have an example or can share how your institution leverag...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I have followed the steps to export the gradebook, and am able to do that. When I go to look at the spreadsheet, it has so many extra columns of assignments/old quizzes that are not assigned to this course. I can't see them in the gradebook i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My World Languages teachers have pointed out to me that the ALT key is no longer any good to add accents to words when editing New Quizzes. One sent me this screenshot     Has anybody found a solution?  Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, We just split a course into multiple sections. Is there a way to move a bunch of student all at once into the new section?  Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I did some consulting for a GREAT NGO in Rwanda called Unlock Impact (https://unlock-impact.com/) They'd like to use Canvas to track their students but the free version is missing a few key things they'd like to see (e.g. email triggers as well as a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All When I migrate an old quiz to a new quiz will the learner who is on the old quiz grades and results be copied across when you migrate to the new quiz ? Is their a work around that allows to copy your learners grades to the new quiz when you co...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There seems to be ongoing issues when using Canvas through the Safari browser.  I don't know if there is such a thing as a record of the things that won't work, will work with a workaround or will only work using another browser.  Loads of people use...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible retrospectively to add Turnitin checks to a completed assignment.  I have student papers that I'd like to check for plagiarism, but I cannot see how to do this given that checking was not originally defined for the assignment.  I have ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Am I able to connect a rubric to assignments so students can grade themselves (feedback) using the rubric I am going to use to grade their assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does an instructor reset a course if there is no reset link on the Settings page?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a sandbox course that allows teachers to take the course in order to evaluate it. The course has assignments with 'Display Grade as' set to either Complete/Incomplete or Percentage. One school does not want to provide email addresses due to pr...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is anyone encountering recently that Canvas won't render all of the  buttons in Chrome, specifically on the Settings page? I can not change the Participation options from Term to Course because the  drop-down is not visible, but I can see it in Firef...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to link from one course to another.  We currently have a MYZONE module for students. It contains a page with a digital timetable where they click on a link and it takes them straight to their lesson.  The subjects are arranged in modules BUT s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For this assignment students had to create an FAQ document as part of a PR kit. The instructor provided comments inside of Canvas in a numbered format. I understand not having a full rich editor but at least offer some things like numbering and/or ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, We have an instructor who is accessing his classes from last year and editing them for this year. Somehow during this process, some documents are automatically duplicating themselves in Google. The documents have the same exact name (ex. does ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can announcements, or any due dates, be sent to students by way of text messaging?  I have students asking for that feature. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have assigned 20% to class participation. I am trying to enter the class participation grades into Canvas (Gradbook) but am not allowed to enter values   Any guidance?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to be able to grade students' peer reviews, but find right now only one way: To create one assignment for the paper to be handed in. And then a second assignment for the peer-review. This is ok, but I do not find any convenient way to show the...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

So I have been logged into Canvas just fine and I know my email and username and password... It's finals week and Canvas is just straight up refusing to:- Allow me to sign in whatsoever.- Reset password so I can access my own classes and complete ass...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to build a table for students to fill in using variables. I need the variable entry box to be larger though:     ie - the item box needs to be the same size as the table box containing it. I have attempted some html mods - but they h...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

LIANG Yanting (219203968), on the other hand, can log in to canvas but does not have 135 and 127 modules in her canvas. That means she won’t be able to submit her assignment before deadline. She has contacted Karen who are on HK campus and Mohan who...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two sections of the same course that are for different students, with different TAs and have different class schedules.   I am not sure whether I should combine the two sections into one course space inside Canvas.  Are there reasons that mult...

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi everyone, It is quite urgnet. Students are taking a timed exam tomorrow. it is 2 hours + 1 hour to upload and download.  Can students say use 2 and a half hours to do the exam and submit in the last 30 minutes? thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies