Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I've run into a strange issue with New Quizzes. We have content Outcomes available at the root level. Teachers are able to import those as needed into their courses. I'm working with a staff member now who has all course outcomes imported and availab...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey there, I started grading an exam using speedgrader the other day. I added comments to specific responses and hit update score after each addition. When I came back the next day to complete the grading, the previously saved comments were missing. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My group and I used Big Blue conference. I hit record and pause.  But once we ended it, the recording wasn't available. I did email support. Has anyone ever recovered a recording that didn't show initially? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just sent a message about not being able to send Inbox messages to Groups.  I did it last week, but can't this week. But then I got an Exception ID: 37FF74E2 error when I submitted the message.  Is that a feature since I'm on the free version or a ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I have noticed that students access weekly quizzes before they even open the corresponding module. They access the quizzes using the links in the course homepage, so they don't even go to modules. Is there a way to lock a quiz until students have...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had the experience where students who move from one section (within the same Canvas class) to another, still have access to all content that has been specifically assigned to their previous section. I learned that this can occur when a student...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you set the settings to only show one announcement, how long will the announcement be viewable? Will it display until a new announcement is created? Can an announcement be set to show for a certain amount of time and then be removed automatically ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is there an exclamation point in front of each student's final grade average?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why is there an exclamation point in front of each student's final grade average?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is the simplest thing in the world and should be possible--but I don't see an answer. I want to create 3 (or 4 or 5) versions of a complete test. Each version of the test will have, say 25 questions. I want to assign the 3 versions randomly to m...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This has been asked but not answered... perhaps because it can't be done and perhaps because the question hasn't been asked as specifically as needed:  I (and lots of other instructors) want to randomly assign different stimului to students and have ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This has been asked but not answered... perhaps because it can't be done and perhaps because the question hasn't been asked as specifically as needed:  I (and lots of other instructors) want to randomly assign different stimului to students and have ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone, I am using LMS for my online teaching. Since I have too many things (pages, quizzes, links) in Modules, I add icons/emoji in the text header. I take these icons from emojipedia. They are colorful so it is really easy for students to get ...

• 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to have a feature added to canvas that allows teachers to put "No Evidence" in the gradebook.  More and more school districts are leaving Canvas because it does not allow for Standards Based Grading input for the gradebook.  Since there ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

i am not receiving an email to reset my password

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, I snagged some coding for floating a video from @langlangcat Does anyone know how to add padding between the video and the text? Any suggestions are appreciated! - Tracie CODE: <p>text</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p style="text-align: left;"><iframe styl...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a developer for a tool provider and I have a client that uses Canvas and needs to create assignments that use our external tool launched into a new tab.  The LTI 1.1 setup process is not an issue, and adding the assignment is straightforward, how...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas was syncing with powerschool without any problems this morning. Then it stopped. I keep getting the same error message.  I get the "completed" but with red exclamation point. COLLECTION_GENERIC - 4452222d-b540-4f4b-ab9c-ad2661aef58f - HTTP res...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a recurring problem in Canvas concerning quizzes. The context is that I am updating outdated quizzes because we migrated to a later addition of the textbook I use.  Here is what I did followed by the problem. I select edit for Quiz 1 and edit ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I am curating resources for my staff to start learning Canvas. In the instructor guides, there is not a specific item for "How do I add a page as a module item." There are similar guides for adding quiz, text header, etc - https://community.ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Thanks - first time posting here so I hope I did it correctly. My test had 3 available attempts.  The first submission processed correctly, but when I completed the second attempt (answered all questions) and pressed the submit button, the test never...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Have been searching everything in the admin panel. Settings, Feature preview...etc. Nothing suggest to turn on QR code. 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

can the observed student remove an observer?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

do the questions change every attempt

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We recently had the learning mastery gradebook enabled for our school!  Unfortunately, I am unable to add any outcomes to my course. When I navigate to the outcomes page it is blank. This happens regardless of the browser I am using. I have tried inc...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to Create Groups in a Group Category through a CSV import using CANVAS API.  I get a 200 OK response, in the canvas GUI all groups get added correctly as mentioned in the CSV file. But the students assigned under each group is not matching...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a cut off value? I imagine the values can get fairly large. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is not an assignment so it does not get a column. I don;t see any instructions for that.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does Canvas not allow you to create a dropbox that doesn't appear in the gradebook? This feature is in every other LMS I've used. I often have students submit things for discussion in class. Now my gradebook is a cluttered mess.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies