Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi All, I snagged some coding for floating a video from @langlangcat Does anyone know how to add padding between the video and the text? Any suggestions are appreciated! - Tracie CODE: <p>text</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p style="text-align: left;"><iframe styl...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a developer for a tool provider and I have a client that uses Canvas and needs to create assignments that use our external tool launched into a new tab.  The LTI 1.1 setup process is not an issue, and adding the assignment is straightforward, how...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas was syncing with powerschool without any problems this morning. Then it stopped. I keep getting the same error message.  I get the "completed" but with red exclamation point. COLLECTION_GENERIC - 4452222d-b540-4f4b-ab9c-ad2661aef58f - HTTP res...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a recurring problem in Canvas concerning quizzes. The context is that I am updating outdated quizzes because we migrated to a later addition of the textbook I use.  Here is what I did followed by the problem. I select edit for Quiz 1 and edit ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I am curating resources for my staff to start learning Canvas. In the instructor guides, there is not a specific item for "How do I add a page as a module item." There are similar guides for adding quiz, text header, etc - https://community.ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Thanks - first time posting here so I hope I did it correctly. My test had 3 available attempts.  The first submission processed correctly, but when I completed the second attempt (answered all questions) and pressed the submit button, the test never...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Have been searching everything in the admin panel. Settings, Feature preview...etc. Nothing suggest to turn on QR code. 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

can the observed student remove an observer?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

do the questions change every attempt

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We recently had the learning mastery gradebook enabled for our school!  Unfortunately, I am unable to add any outcomes to my course. When I navigate to the outcomes page it is blank. This happens regardless of the browser I am using. I have tried inc...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to Create Groups in a Group Category through a CSV import using CANVAS API.  I get a 200 OK response, in the canvas GUI all groups get added correctly as mentioned in the CSV file. But the students assigned under each group is not matching...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a cut off value? I imagine the values can get fairly large. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is not an assignment so it does not get a column. I don;t see any instructions for that.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does Canvas not allow you to create a dropbox that doesn't appear in the gradebook? This feature is in every other LMS I've used. I often have students submit things for discussion in class. Now my gradebook is a cluttered mess.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, Is there a way to download all student responses for an assignment in New Quizzes? We use student work and responses for our annual assessment review. This year, a lot of our assignments, quizzes, and exams have been built using New Quiz...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 18 Replies

Other than having a Lockdown Browser installed (we actually have licenses for GoGuardian Teacher so it is a bit different), what are the other necessary steps or prerequisites that one needs to take in order to set up a Canvas quiz as a midterm exam?...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am a teacher at a high school in South Carolina and one of my students switched class periods, and when he did, I could no longer see the grades he made in Canvas. I was told it should reappear once the data is synched overnight, but it has been ov...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I'm advising a department looking to use this tool as a departmental solution to let student across multiple courses and sections schedule their own exam times in the lab (which will be room specific). How would we achieve this? Does the lab c...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use Free account of Canvas. I tried to link google drive to canvas. But it says app is blocked. How can I fix it? Thank you. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! What if you assign to an empty group set or empty groups, I see no warnings. There should be a warning telling the instructor that there are no groups at all or that the groups are empty. best regards  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, We're presently looking into the possibility of offering a course in partnership with a national organization.  This course would be offered via Catalog and may see 65k+ enrollments (25k bare minimum). Right now this is more a thought exercis...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have found the article that shows how to use an immersive reader in Canvas but there is not an article how to turn it on in your individual settings (which is how we find it at our institution). Am I missing the 'how to turn on?" article or can you...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

When I create a Rubric, it has two elements: - Outcomes - Criteria I have not found a way to make a single Criteria or multiple Criteria roll up into an Outcome score.  This 1) doubles my grading effort 2) introduces the risk that I don't accurately ...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

how do you add a student to your class      

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,   I'm trying to access the Admin Console for my college. However, when logging in, I see the error message "Single Sign-On Error". It then goes on to say, "We can't log you in because of an issue with single sign-on. Contact your Salesforce admin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Few subject teachers have given assignment and quizzes, appearing in schedule but on appearing at the right side bar. Is there any setting needed to be done? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have created a Partner Teacher role that has view-only permissions. We want this role to see only the grades of the students enrolled in their section, but they currently see grades of students in all sections. How can we accomplish this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We currently have enabled the (Canvas) Google Apps LTI in our production instance.  Several of our courses use the Collaborations feature in Canvas.  We have not enabled the External Collaborations Tool Feature Preview. We would like to move to the G...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to test how to import QTI files from Respondus 4.0 into New Quizzes. I cannot successfully import QTI files from Respondus 4.0 into New Quizzes. I can only import QTI files into Classic Quizzes. I'm concerned about the problem of "no new C...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I share a previous semester canvas page with colleagues? I can't seem to add people to a former page anymore. Is there another way to add people?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies