Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, Bringing an interesting topic to the table. Our institution is quite new to Canvas, and are figuring out a lot of things as we go. We have quite a few vendors that request API access and most go through the channels of setting up a developer key ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We seem to be experiencing some issues syncing grades to Canvas through the LTI1.3 connection, specifically with the MyOpenMath tool, but I am hearing reports in other places. 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good morning, I am trying to build a Weekly Lab Grading Rubric and under the Criteria I am putting the days of the week and under rating I am putting 5 different categories each worth 4 points. I want to be able to click on each one "IF" the students...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a faster way to import using the csv file when a student is missing an assignment just like you do for exclude? maybe put M and it would read it as missing and give the auto missing grade with red cell color?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I deleted an Attendance "Quiz" last week. I did an "Undelete" hack = Restore . . . Now, it's no longer in the list of "Deleted"  items, and it's not showing anywhere as Restored?       

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi community, A student can't seem to see the 'current groups' under the Canvas Groups tab, even though the student is enrolled to the course and assigned to a group. The student is also able to see the course and everything, the only issue is not be...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I do not want students to see their overall grade. Some students have eyeball crossed out and others have no eyeball at all.  Can they see?  Why is that?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a custom canvas plug-in that uses LTI to submit URLs. The plug-in has been working great for 2.5 years and has gone through 100,000+ submissions by 100s of students.  However, since Sept 29 2021 (around 6 PM EST) the submission started failing...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to set notification preferences in Canvas (instructure) LMS using CURL. I can get all the preferences so the User and communication channel is fine. I can put some other data but not a new notification preference. Eventually I would like ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

While accessing a google LTI assignment today, my students and I received this message -

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to post annotations to text submission is SpeedGrader. So far, my understanding is that SpeedGrader allows annotations only for uploaded files, am I correct? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

According to the guide I found the Time Column under Page Views in a users profile shows seconds that a user was on a page, from a minimum of 10 secs. to a maximum of 5 minutes. However, we are seeing some times under 10 secs. and over 5 minutes.  We...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cross listed a full class into a empty class and now I can not see my original class. Geometry B into Geometry B night. my email is rosam@lisd.net

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there no way to save students' work in a text entry box?  When my students work on an assignment in class, and don't complete it, when they go to work on it later, all of their work is gone.  Please help!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I believe I understand the content of this Admin Guide page: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-manage-profile-pictures-for-users-in-an-account/ta-p/92 I only recently found this, and went to look and found over 100 reported phot...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Community,  I'm trying to create a user with Canvas rest api. Here's the json I'm posting:  {    "user":{       "Name":"Foo bar"    },    "pseudonym":{       "Unique_id":"foobar@mailinator.com"           } } And here's the response from Canvas...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Try testing this tool with real life users? It's possibly the most counter intuitive and frustrating tool I have had the misfortune to use. Incredibly labour intensive, clunky and badly designed. I'm a parent of a student who has to use it, and both ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way of merging pages in canvas? Not courses, but smaller pages within a course, and merging assignments into already existing pages. I have set up a course, but with too many little pages and i would like to make them bigger and more effec...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am required to report student attendance weekly in hours and minutes. Is there a way to determine how much time a student actively engaged in Canvas on a specified day or week? It appears Canvas tracks in the same way a student who logs in but does...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have an issue. Comments made on iOS Canvas profesor app don't show to either students and teachers from Canvas browser, unless you click on "Descargar comentarios de la entrega" (download submission comments), which will send you to a genera...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally copied a published quiz from another shell and removed it. However, the calendar entry stays there until I manually deleted it. Is it a bug only for me? Or it is a design?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It is really confusing for students to see the due time for quizzes on the calendar. It make sense to show due time for assignments but it is really awkward for quizzes. I searched everywhere but cannot figure out how to change that. If it is not pos...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,   I teach Arabic and the textbook companion website my students and I are using is https://lingco.io/ I need help from an administrator to set Up Canvas API Integration with Lingco. Here is the link for more details: https://help.lingco.io/en/art...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add time to a special needs student's quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have downloaded the gradebook for a class. I have added comments for each assignment on the csv like so: HW1, HW1 comment 10, Q1: Good job; Q2: Good job;   How can I upload this csv so that all the comments are sent to the students?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I went through the circuitous import-course procedure to duplicate a rubric. I subsequently re-named the imported/duplicated rubric, and changed the scores in that rubric. But then I tried to re-import the original rubric, and it over-wrote the previ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been trying to use the pop-up feature in Canvas and i used the HTML that has been posted in several community posts.  It used to work just fine with one pop-up and then you could click the "X" and it would disappear.  Well, now when I click th...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does changing a file name mean I have to go back to the page or assignment and reattach the file (whether it be an image, video, or pdf)? What about if I don't change the file name but move it to another folder within the Files section inside the sam...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are looking for a survey to evaluate the strengths / weaknesses on our Online Program - both Student and Faculty Satisfaction - not at the course level but at the program level.  Any guidance?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies