Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Trying to reset my password but got this emai, instead: You requested a confirmation of your password for logging into Canvas. This address is associated with the login, "116075409168895416297". The password for this login should have been given to y...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sometimes when i do my work and it takes a long time, when i click submit, it logs me back in and then all my work is lost, at first i thought it was just a bug, but then it happend again, this is very frustrating, please fix it, or create something ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to link a document posted on canvas to hypothes.is

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In our school we make a module for each week. I'm in elementary so under each day I have many items (math, ELA, science, writing). This makes my modules very long. The only solution I have found is to try to indent to make like an outline format. It ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our previous LMS would tell students where they ranked compared to all students in the course, and I would like to enable this in Canvas. I'm not looking to share scores in any way, simply a number, so students understand where they stand and perform...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How as an instructor can I change the headings and percentages in Gradebook?The way they are listed does not align for me. Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Over the last few months our team has been noticing missing words, or words being randomly cut out when copying pasting from Word to the RCE.  We're trying to narrow down the issue.  But it seems that it happens whenever there is one word at the end ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was taking a final earlier today and every time I clicked an answer my whole page froze so I had to refresh my page for each question. Does anybody have a solution to this problem? I tried restarting my computer and I have not had a problem like th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have logged into our course and see all of our tabs, however when I click on them nothing happens.  For instance, when I click on the people tab none of our students is shown.  Actually I click on any of the tabs and nothing happens.  I was checkin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I created a free k-12 account for grad school, and today it was all gone. Under all courses shows only the template. I can see the course name under history, but once I click on it, is says "Whoops... Looks like nothing is here! We couldn't fi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created a rubric inside of an assignment. I want that assignment to be the same in 8 modules in the same course.   I can copy to into each module, edit the name, but then it changes the name for all previous copies I have made.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to be able to leave a narrative comment reflecting on each student's performance during a grading period. There currently doesn't seem to be a way to do this--instead, we can only leave comments in response to specific submissions. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school recently purchased surface pro tablets. I currently use a dell laptop and a chromebook to record my lessons and they upload just fine. My lessons range from 10-40 minutes. However, my surface pro won't upload anything that is loner than 1 ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am working for a grader at a college course, and so far we have had two assignments and a midterm.  The assignment uploads in speedgrader allowed us to see a preview of the .pdf or .docx file that students uploaded like this:     But for the midte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The instructor has SSd students and uses lockdown browser for all her students. The students she moderated did not give the extra time to and quizzes were submitted and graded. Is there a way around this or fix this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i think it would help a lot of people like me if canvas made a search bar at the top of the modules page so we can search the lesson right away

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, We face a need to customize attributes imported from Microsfot 365. We have succefully configured microsoft authentication, but we need for automatically created users to have a diferrent sortable_name than thei full name. We're running an open s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get an excel spreadsheet report for the class results from a Canvas New Quiz?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Altruists Currently, I am working as an LMS coordinator with a vocational institute. Our trainers asked for a facility to allow students to write their assignment in an Editable PDF opened within the Canvas.   At present, our student downloads a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Dear Altruists I am working as an LMS coordinator with a Vocational Institute. On Canvas we have set the students enrolment into Canvas in such a way that instead of enrolling our students into a qualification (say Diploma in IT) we are enrolling the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am setting up a new course and need to edit the name as well as add a background picture. How do I do both of those things?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where did my in progress rubric build go and why did it seem to lock me out? screen went grey, froze then took me a firefox screen info site that I have no clue how to read, interpret or navigate and doesnt appear to offer a pathway back to my rubric...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For 1 subject, I had 4 submission requirements (4 reports, submissions 1, 2, 3, & 4). I uploaded 2 reports within minutes of each other - under submission 3 and 4, via CANVAS Apple Mac desktop. CANVAS shows me the date/time of my submission. My lectu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you save content in the Canvas Course Cards?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our campus is looking into EesySoft as a tool that could help us track how users are using Canvas 3rd party tools within Canvas and provide contextual help documents and support directly within Canvas. I have spent some time going through the partner...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Classic Quiz submissions will show on the instructor to-do list but New Quizzes submissions will not. This is very frustrating for instructors. Anyone know why New Quizzes behaves in this way and how we can fix it?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the following XML configuration the option's enabled property false value does not hide the section. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><cartridge_basiclti_link xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imslticc_v1p0"xmlns:blti = "http://www.imsgloba...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

i feel that there should be more pronoun options like she/they he/they and added neo-pronouns 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

There is an API to start and run reports and check the status of a running report and when status=complete it will even give the download url of the report file:  https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/account_reports.html When attempting to download...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

If students begin a New Quiz format, can they stop mid-quiz and come back to it a different day?  I know in the classic quizzes, they can close the quiz and then 'Resume Quiz'. My team is putting together a stimulus with questions that won't get done...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies