Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, I have allowed students access to modules in navigation and have saved the changes however when I go back to the home screen it still shows that modules are not available to students and when checking to ensure the changes have saved the modules ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When students want to send a message to teachers or other students they can use the inbox function. The only available recipients are teachers, teaching assistants or students. What we would like is for students to see a list of administrators from w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently, we are using the LTI 1.1 with API key to access Canvas APIs listed below:   url:GET|/api/v1/courses/:idurl:GET|/api/v1/courses/:course_id/folders/:idurl:GET|/api/v1/folders/:id/foldersurl:GET|/api/v1/folders/:id/filesurl:GET|/api/v1/users/...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How I through the correct download of my MSWord file to the Speedgrader for the writing assignment? I heard that the professor can not make direct edits to my Speedgrader that are very visible and highlighted. My file can not review editing in canvas...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone, I tried looking for a solution but the only one I found (clearing cookies) didn't work.  When I try to upload files (video, images) in the "Files" section, I keep getting " Error : Request failed with status code 500" . Do you have an...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a Matching type in New Quiz with 5 question/answer pairs. If the student does not answer all the question/answer pairs correctly, there was no score recorded. So, I have to manually assign the score. Can we assign points per correct match a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been introduced into CANVAS LMS when I was still pursuing my college degree in Education. I have finished two online courses there as part of my professional development and utter curiosity about this LMS. After two years of inactivity, I mana...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

There's an API call to mark a module item as read if 'must_view' is a requirement. How can I tell if a module has been viewed? When I `get` modules, the object `completion_requirement` only displays type.  

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone I don't know why the "Next" button is not showing up on the Home page of my new course.  When I click on the same page from the Modules list the "Next" button is there and this page is listed as the Front page of the course.  I know I'm m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Thanks everyone to support my questions, at times when participating and having desires to move alone, obstacles and frustration might build up for not being familiar with the steps, options and ticks to find answers.  What would be good recommendati...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was told the reading tool voice can be changed so that it doesn’t sound like a computer. I do not see this option.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had the students take a quiz and when it synced with Infinite Campus it didn't populate one hour/class. It is there for the other 4, but not 5th hour. What did I do wrong?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have students trying to take a Stats exam and students are seeing the Math Processing Error.  Ideas on how to fix this ASAP?      

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a developer and I have a requirement to create custom question types. and I need to create a new question similar to the following picture.Your kind help is highly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I graded a quiz with a PDF submission on an iPad, making annotations on the submissions as I graded. I'm now in Canvas on a desktop and would like to see the annotations but cannot seem to accomplish this. Thanks for any help!

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I created an exam, I put each question's solution in the Additional Comments box for everyone to see. I don't allow students to see these additional comments until after I've manually graded the exam. While grading the exam, I noticed a mistake ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone ever successfully downloaded one of Canvas' videos? I would like to download and trim the Assignments Video created by Canvas. It covers content not relevant to our instructors and we do not want to confuse them. I am also trying to avoid ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a free Canvas Instructor account for our School of Clinical Laboratory Science program and when it was set up, my other instructors were added to "Ways to Log In".  This was meant to give them a chance to explore the account before having t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day Canvas users. I am very frustrated with the new Canvas RCE linking behavior. It seems that there is no way to access the Canvas course or file browser when editing a link. The only way it seems I can access the course and file browser is whe...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey,  We are getting some reports of teachers who saved their comments in SpeedGrader (in a rubric), but their work keeps disappearing.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have changed my sharing option from public to 'only me'. Now I cannot change it back? Any help please? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I set up appointment blocks, Canvas messages the class that the appointment blocks were created.  I don't want this automatic message sent and I'm spinning my wheels trying to figure out where to turn that option off.  The help guides on Appoint...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Folks, I've set up two sets of groups, for two different assessments. I made the mistake of assigning both assessments the same group name, which is a problem because the students have moved groups between assessments. So AT1 group name for both, ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I can´t make it work, it does not open on my laptop I don't know what is the issue I have uninstalled it and installed it several times already. Please help I need this app to work on my photos easy canvas light was trying it out and even sold my ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a Canvas admin for a branch of our school, but not an institutional one for the overall account. In any case, after reviewing the 'Help Panel' guide I see that the customization page can only accommodate up to 8 links on the panel. Is there any w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I have a faculty who is having an issue accessing PPT links through word 365 that are no longer working and her students cannot access any of the lectures or files. Tt said that "Something went wrong with authentication" when they try.   Can ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are experiencing a strange issue for students on Chromebooks. When the students click the "Grades" link in the sidebar, they can view the grades page for their course.  The only problem is that the "Score" column is completely blank.  (not even sh...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to record a video in the rich content editor but want other than the room background. Is that possible?  Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wanting to use the Redirect tool and have the documentation and it look very simple to setup however it just wont work. When I go to add the app at the course level I am able to name it, add the HTTPS url selct the navigation options and then wh...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

my course its not publish its not letting me publish it i dont know why i need help 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies