Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I accidentally deleted an assignment folder that appeared to have nothing in it, but after I clicked confirm, I realized it had many assignments. I went to /undelete and restored the folder, but the assignments are not back. Can I restore my course t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I assigned a pre-made assignment to my students.  The creator did not give the multiple choice problems point values and I didn't catch it until students submitted.  The students have now been given a score of 0 in their gradebook because the questio...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just learned how to make a badge in Canva and use Badgr to assign a badge after a module is complete. Where will the students see their badge on their Canvas page?  How do I show badges I've earned? I have only one, and when I looked in the Canvas ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to add a comments section at the bottom of a rubric? I don't want to use the free-form comments, because I want students to see that...but I'd like to add my own general comments.

• 0 Likes
  • 15 Replies

I'm having an issue where a previously working preview link is no longer working or shows the down arrow the first time, doesn't open the preview, and subsequent clicks only produces a download or other format option.

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi - I recently filled out the form to get the full district platform and nobody replied to me. I am asking here to see if anyone is going to see it. Thanks! 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My district is moving to Standards Based Grading and we want to use the Common Core standards that are put into canvas for us. When you search standards and objectives we can find the correct class, strands standards and objectives.  When you add the...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had a quiz that was accessible from the Module 2 home page.  After a couple of days, it disappeared.  It is still available if I click on “Quizzes” on the left side menu. Where did it go?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Use case:  20 students take a quiz.  Question number one is pulled randomly from an item bank containing  30 questions.  This item bank is only used for question number one. It is desired that students do not pull the same question from the item bank...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I gave a exam recently and put 104 points on the test with the intention of the test would be out of 100 points, with the possibility of getting as much as 4 points of extra credit (so people could get 104 on the test).  When calculating the total cl...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,  I usually close the canvas tab on google chrome before a test, because I prefer to take the test on my tablet. Usually, after the test, I return to my computer and I open a new tab, go to canvas website, and I am asked to log back into canvas...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a third party test bank from zyBooks. It is multiple choice and I have selected 64 questions. I will import it into Canvas and I want the score to be scaled to 100. How does this work in Canvas? 64 questions and 100 points. Thanks, -Afshin

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have resource classrooms for my RSP students that I support in general ed classes. Will I be able to create a separate class in canvas?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I imagine that this is possible, I'm just not sure how to do this.  I would like to have a variety of assignments (some including discussion board posts) where students receive points for participation.  However, I don't want to require that students...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We  have a student who is unable to edit her Microsoft Word document (.docx) from Canvas in the desktop app as it opens as Read-Only.  Read-only, of course, does not Auto-Save, thereby creating the need for an additional Save As and Re-upload.  Any t...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I can't seem to find a direct answer to my question. I teach English and have various due dates for drafts, workshops, etc. as they lead to the final draft. These sequential assignments appear in weekly modules as the course progresses, but they also...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

While trying to download files from canvas it always redirects me to the page https://inst-fs-iad-prod.inscloudgate.net/ . I am on a Mac running safari. I have tried clearing my browser cache /history and restarting my computer. The link will run for...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My school blocks Youtube access for students. However, they have discovered a loophole by choosing Discussion, selecting the blue Discussion+ button, thisopens an open and editable Canvas window.Students can then choose toa) upload image and choose t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a teacher who is trying to use the passback system to post grades to PowerSchool. However whenever she clicks the sync button she gets a Generic Error Code:  Assignment cannot be created for section with id=115793. There is no cross listings i...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am using the REST API to get data question_type: 'matching_question',question_text: '<p>Match the hex values on the left with the binary values on the right</p>',position: 2,correct: 8,partially_correct: 4,incorrect: 0,responses: 1,answered: 1, The...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi - I have the High Contrast setting turned on, but is there a way to change the text color from gray to black as I find the contrast very poor. In fact, I assumed I had high contrast turned off and was surprised and disappointed to find it was turn...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

When I'm trying to grade using the "To Do" list, I can access one assignment submission.  Then there's no link back to the "To Do" list.  To access the next "To Do" item, I have to click the assignment title at the top of the page, which takes me bac...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, I've tried to find the answer, but apologies if it is here already.  Please can you advise how to add a field (column) to gradebook containing name of instructor/grader/marker for each assignment?  The name of whoever enters feedback is log...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our team is looking to adjust the font within New Quizzes (NQ), outside of the few fonts that are offered. NQ is not affected by any adjustments theme editor or uploaded CSS/Javascript so we're looking for any other ideas on how we can adjust the fon...

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi: I need to edit, on my dashboard, my course icon, on a published course! I need to change the graphic! How do I edit on my dashboard??!!!! Thanks, R:)

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our college is trying to streamline the semester setup process. For each course offering, we create a blueprint course, and (depending on enrollment) several sections that are associated with that blueprint. We also have an extra "dummy" section asso...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

With assessment, we know that Rubrics are not grades.  I appreciate the opportunity to use the Canvas Rubrics tool, as it can be a good guide for students to know about how I assess components (criteria) of an assignment for determining  that assignm...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When attempting to record a media submission for assignments, I have students on Chromebooks who receive this message "Adobe Flash Player was blocked because it is out of date.  Update Plugin or Run this time" Does the media recorder for assignment s...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, DISCLAIMER: Sorry if this is a repeat question... I have tried searching and haven't found anything   I am trying to find out the steps that are needed to start a Canvas account at a private, independent language school. We have teachers who a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies