Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, DISCLAIMER: Sorry if this is a repeat question... I have tried searching and haven't found anything   I am trying to find out the steps that are needed to start a Canvas account at a private, independent language school. We have teachers who a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to add an extra attempt for a quiz for a specific student, but have the overall time limit be less then the first attempt?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all--   I am trying to upload a word doc, which includes an exam, as an assignment. I have figured out how to upload into the assignment tab, but what I want to know is: 1) Can I monitor precisely when students download this word doc? 2) Can I mon...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like for our students to take a survey quiz in Canvas as a personality ice breaker, and have those fields auto populate into a table for everyone to see the results. I am more familiar with how Form fields work in Wordpress, is there somethin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I work as an Instructional Designer on a college campus.  I am setup as an admin but only as an admin in my campus' account - which is a sub account/domain of the main campus.  I do not have the ability to impersonate staff or students on our sub acc...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  We have one student who's getting this error below since February 28 when clicking a link in her course. The link was created using Evolve Link. All other students can access the link except her. The link was working before and there were no cha...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Currently, we cannot add or change the Statuses available. With that said, I could really use an Absent Status being added.  Students who are absent would still need to complete their work and it could count as a 0 until submitted, per teachers discr...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My university is currently switching from Google-based email to Outlook, so we can no longer access or edit Google calendars.   In my current program, we have a Google calendar with all the meetings embedded in the Canvas page. Members of the Canvas ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all! We've recently discovered a bug or feature, which has to do with Announcements and Notifications. I'm not sure if this is the intended behavior and if so, could someone elaborate on the logic behind it? Please look at this example:We have a c...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to export Canvas course content including student submissions? Our university has a five-year data retention policy and we would like to store concluded courses including student submissions on a storage server separate from Canvas.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone, I hope I can easily explain this situation. I have set up my midterm exam in Canvas in a special way.  Essentially, there are multiple versions of each question on the midterm.  All questions are multiple-choice.  I set things up so that...

• 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I'm using my iPad OS 14.4 to open the CANVAS calendar on the student app. The app crashes every time I try to view the calendar. all the other icons work except for the calendar icon. I tried updating, reinstalling, and restarting my iPad but nothing...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am afraid I just lost about 3 hours of work designing a rubric for my midterm. My guess is that I did not click on the "Create Rubric" button at the bottom of the form, which is hidden if you don't make sure to scroll all the way down. From a UX pe...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone, I've just created a hyperlinked document in GIMP to get the HTML code needed for canvas. I've put the image and HTML code into files and linked it to the pages. Everything displays but the links wont work unless they are right clicked an...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All, I have a requirement to change the text that comes by default when the student clicks on the "View Grades" from the dashboard. The text displays "Courses I'm Taking", I need to change it to display "Enrolled Courses" instead. Is there a way t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to get LTI id's (for course and users) through API call for my analysis. Currently, i am only getting canvas system id's when i hit any API. Is there any way,  where i can also get LTI information as well along with it.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Buenas noches, disculpen termine el Seminario de Educación desde el 9 de enero y no me permite descargar mi constanciaCuando entro a la página lo hago directamente desde gmail, porque no reconoce mi correo (carvared@gmail.com)  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I use my To-Do list a lot. I like how it has all by due items listed and once an assignment is complete it'll disappear. However, I accidentally marked a couple assignments as done. I went to the "list" view on my laptop dashboard, and the assignm...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Y'all, I need help getting rid of the obnoxious calendar feature on Canvas. It's driving me crazy. I have hidden from my students everything that could possibly feed into the calendar and still it persists at finding incorrect due dates for assignmen...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

If I add/move students into a group set, does this remove them from the section in which they are currently placed? Example: I am adding 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students into a book club group, but I want them to remain in their respective classes as...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The following explains how to regrade an individual's grade in New Quizzes: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-regrade-an-assessment-question-in-New-Quizzes/ta-p/1293 I have a multiple-choice question with "vary points by an...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all.  So, I thought my essay was due on the 6th. I was smugly submitting it today, 3 days early, to only realise that it was due at 5pm today! My tutor has informed me that it’s a 10 point deduction. This is final year and I need every one of thos...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Pear Deck was adopted by my district and the app is automatically added to all of our classes. It worked like a charm during December and January 2020-2021. Suddenly, any time I assign a Pear Deck through Canvas, students are receiving an error messa...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know that the simple solution is to not make the mistake in the first place.  But.   When things change and you make a change to a quiz.  I'm sure all users would like the force a regrade of ALL quiz types, not just MC.   I don't understand why a...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm starting to research Learning Mastery. I was happy to find the Common Core Standards in Canvas. What is not as good is that the Common Core Standards don't appear to have been loaded with descriptions. Can a new .csv be uploaded to Canvas that in...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas tech support has answered different questions surrounding this issue, but I've never found an answer to this specific question even though a bunch of people have asked this exact thing: I have a quiz that links to about 22 different question b...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The "classic" Quiz tool had an option to moderate a student quiz by unlocking the quiz for the next attempt.  The classic instructions read: "If your quiz is locked because of accessibility dates, you will need to unlock the quiz for the student by...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I use the "New Quizzes" interface both for routine "reading questionnaires" and for (timed) online exams. In the past week, I've had multiple students encounter a bug where they do a quiz and submit it, but it seems that the submission is somehow not...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use pages (not modules) showing three weeks of content for my University course. I did have modules set up initially, but changed back to pages so that the home page for each three week block in the course looks pretty much the same (with zoom link...

• 1 Likes
  • 18 Replies

Hello, I have had the Student app since I began college in 2019 on the same phone, iPhone 8, but now this year I have not been able to open the app. It keeps crashing right when it opens. I have everything on my phone and the app updated and I have a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies