Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Canvas tech support has answered different questions surrounding this issue, but I've never found an answer to this specific question even though a bunch of people have asked this exact thing: I have a quiz that links to about 22 different question b...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The "classic" Quiz tool had an option to moderate a student quiz by unlocking the quiz for the next attempt.  The classic instructions read: "If your quiz is locked because of accessibility dates, you will need to unlock the quiz for the student by...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I use the "New Quizzes" interface both for routine "reading questionnaires" and for (timed) online exams. In the past week, I've had multiple students encounter a bug where they do a quiz and submit it, but it seems that the submission is somehow not...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use pages (not modules) showing three weeks of content for my University course. I did have modules set up initially, but changed back to pages so that the home page for each three week block in the course looks pretty much the same (with zoom link...

• 1 Likes
  • 18 Replies

Hello, I have had the Student app since I began college in 2019 on the same phone, iPhone 8, but now this year I have not been able to open the app. It keeps crashing right when it opens. I have everything on my phone and the app updated and I have a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to design a quiz which has the following multiple choice question type. Currently I do not see an option to implement this.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

All images in all my courses are broken. It's happening to someone else?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I create an Avitar?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello Everyone, Am I the one experiencing technical difficluties here? I keep getting a page error code on my module. If so can anyone tell me how to fix it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course with hundreds of students and a dozen graders. I would like to know which subset of my students have comments made via speedgrader for a specific assignment. I would like to avoid checking each student individually. Is there a way to ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am unable to change the course code. I reviewed the post on this subject on this site, but it does not allow me to change the course code. The example on this site shows that you should be able to change it by going into Settings and then clicking ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,  I'm enrolled in the Cambridge Business Analytics: Decision Making Using Data course. There are a series of web-based sessions and webinars. What is the time zone for the listed sessions? Or are they already set to my time zone in the calendar?  ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone. I am trying to log into my Parent Canvas account and it says my password is wrong. I have never changed my MySpot password(which I was told to use). But seeing as it was incorrect, I clicked on the forgot password. So I get the emails...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We will be enabling the Immersive Reader tool soon within our instance of Canvas.  We have a few courses where we'd like to disable the option.  As an example - one of our foreign language courses doesn't want to have the tool in place as it could al...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor with five merged classes. I have assigned a graded discussion -- divided into five groups, by class section. Peer reviews are assigned automatically.  When I click on Peer Reviews -- whether from the merged-class Discussion page or...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to add or assign a proctor to perform Live Proctoring in CANVAS, or does that need to be the instructor?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Last semester when I synced grades to my Aeries grade book program, the sync tab would show me when an assignment was LAST SYNCED. That was super useful. For the second semester, the recent sync dates do not show! Does anyone know how to fix this??

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all, I am working on building a course for a faculty member and one of the activities they would like to do is present a survey question in a page and show the accumulated results back to students as soon as they respond, something like this (note...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! In Classic Quizzes, teachers can record themselves reading questions and answer choices for the students. However, New Quizzes does not have that option. Instead, we are required to create an audio recording in another app or website, save it to ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas Community: I'm getting this error notification when trying to upload a multimedia file:  It says Error: Request failed with status code 400.  I tried uploading the file directly in the Module using the Multimedia icon, but I couldn't ei...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, everyone! I want to solve a problem with backup in Canvas: We really need to know how to save every courses contents in Canvas, not just export IMCC file, but all the files produced by teachers and students, like images, videos, notes, everyth...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When uploading an articulate 360 Rise presentation to Canvas, I can see everything - except the images show as thumbnails. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to hide this until needed when editing tables?   TY!

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,  I am wondering if there is a workaround to add additional custom fields to the normal fields available in the Canvas certificates. I run a state-accredited program and need to be able to add specific language and state license information to ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating a design for my email signature but I want the text to be clickable and allow for copying and pasting so that whoever can just copy the text. Whenever I download the image, it is a flat file. Do I need to format the file in a different ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I have an instructor that is teaching several courses. She can't see things on the coming up list on the dashboard for one of her courses. When she switches to the student view, the assignments all can be seen but not on the instructor view. ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When manually grading "essay" type questions in a graded quiz, I notice there is an Additional Comments box.  Can students view those comments after the quiz grade is posted?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to turn off things automatically being marked as missing? I have most student submitting on paper, but I have a few students quarantined, So I am allowing physical submissions, but all the student who turn in paper copies are getting m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several courses with similar names - and names in Chinese  - the wrong course was imported in the Spring 2021 shell. How do I undo this error? I have looked at the 2017-18 discussion on this topic. However, now in 2021, has this old, well unde...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day! I have a problem with the locks of my canvas course. Some students cannot move to the next module even if they have satisfied the requirements for them to unlock the next module. How do I solve this issue?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies