Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

A few weeks ago canvas randomly started adding weird shapes onto previews of documents I need to download for class and I don't know why. Any ideas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student whose Canvas Quiz log indicated that they "stopped viewing the Canvas quiz-taking page" during almost every problem on the exam. I met with the student to ask them about their experience and to see what could have caused this and the...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I love grading on the Canvas app.  It has been super easy, up until now.  Now, for some reason, each of my student submissions is showing twice in my app.  One will usually say they have no submission, but if I go to their files, I can see it.  I've ...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am attempting to add a tab for Yuja Media to a canvas page and have not been able to find it under the Apps tab. Does anyone know where I need to go to do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to set up a quiz or survey where students see feedback as they answer questions. My plan is to deliver one question at a time and offer students guidance about revising their writing based on how they respond to the questions. I am using...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to create an assignment that has a rubric that allows grading at check in points that will not hold all of the grades down in the beginning,  For example a 7 criterion rubric that the students will submit and resubmit 7 times, Each crite...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't see the box any longer - the box where you write the feedback comments for students in SpeedGrader. It has been like this the last week. I have never had that problem before and it is the same for my collegues when checking.I am able to enter...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm starting an online graduate school and need an institutional account. I already have a individual account. Can I change that to an institutional account or start a new one?   Thanks, Ben Ubovich

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been having trouble watching my recorded lectures through Conferzoom. Every time I watch a lecture the video plays for a while and then my computer shuts down randomly. At first, I thought it was my Macbook Pro glitching but then I noticed that ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I gave a quiz to my large class that ended at 7:00 pm yesterday. Today I found out that one student was supposed to have been given an extra hour as an accommodation. How would I reopen her quiz, with the answers she already submitted in place, for a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is this for real? The SAVE feature *literally* exists on every major, minor, and back-street word processor / text editor ever created on any computer in the whole history of computers –except this text editor.This is a pretty big problem which affec...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! I have a course that concluded at the beginning of this month and I am not in need of the students grades anymore, however I do need to download the assignments submitted (I had a blank moment and forgot to do it before I submitted grades for ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I could not upload any content of any kind and found out that my account "Files" was full. I was hoping to get clarity on what is up with the "496% used of 52.4 MB", and another instructor was having the same issue, his said "552% used of 52.4MB", ag...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to the following api call (Course Audit log API) to get access on course events. GET /api/v1/audit/course/courses/:course_id But I got an error msg:  "user not authorized to perform that action". I am the teacher of the course that I try ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As an admin, is there any way (trhough API) to track an instructor's change (create/update) on course content like file, page, assignment, quiz etc? Thanks  

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I decided to switch to new quizzes at the start of the term. What a mistake! I set up problem sets, quizzes, and even my final exam so that questions are pulled randomly from different item banks, which allows me to individualize the questions each s...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, everyone -  After I grade an assignment, the test student assignment still shows up in my to do list, which makes it look like there's a new submission.  In the past, I was able to leave the test student ungraded.  Is there a way to change this i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a feature has been requested several times a month for more than 5 years, why has it not been acted on?  This must be terribly embarrassing, especially when it is not a very complicated request, and other LMS systems offer it.   @Submit an assignm...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to move my course from one Canvas platform (Elsevier's) to a different Canvas platform (our school Canvas).  How do I do that?  Can I export/import from one Canvas platform to another?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I imported an assignment for my class. It merged or replaced another assignment and I did not realize it at first. I deleted it. This was where it got weird. It had the title and text box of the second assignment I imported, but the student submissio...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our teachers are using Google Assignments (recently migrated from Google Drive Cloud Assignment). One feature they heavily relied on was notifications of a resubmission, especially the color-coded status in the Canvas gradebook for resubmitted work. ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The Quiz Log shows detail about when the student started a quiz, but not when they ended.  It would be very useful to have as part of the quiz log the time (either the actual time or the time-in-quiz) when the student submitted the quiz, and an indic...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had a problem because I used the old Stukent Mimic Access to post my social round 1 of 10 simulation. I want to know how can I guarantee it will not impact my grade.  I did everything again after haad the feedback from the zendesk support, but I'm ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi We have recently started to do moderated grading.  So setting up the assignment, no problem, picked those who can do the moderation. Assignment set for a Turnitin submission. Assessor does the marking and asks for moderation. Moderator goes to do ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New to Canvas Co teaching a course What are we doing that is keeping one teacher (me) from seeing the submissions that have be graded by a co-teacher? Where is the best place to review the submissions.   Thanks dave

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been hearing rumors in my county about students finishing tests ahead of scheduled times. These tests are important for placement in the following years. As any teacher would know, it is important that we monitor them while they take the tests...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm in the process of migrating our federated authentication over to ADFS (v4) and we were able to the authentication is working on the test platform but when we try to release the givenname, surname, eppn, mail, ect attributes none of them are mappi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I'm a developer trying to build an LTI 1.3 application and I'd like to use it on Canvas.  I currently have a free account but it seems like to use and test LTI applications I need an admin account.  How do I get an admin account? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I looks like the latex support using $$ x^2 $$ and \( x^2 \) is now completely offline. Is this be design? I'm an instructor at Bellevue College. After spending hours writing pages, only to find that they are now useless, I can't say that I'm happy. ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I wish  you have telephone number I can talk to you the issue, I want change my community canvas use name which means this web, when I called the school they told me the community center only can change the use. I know how to change my profile canvas...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies