Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I change my grading system for quizzes? I give my students 5 attempts for each of their quizzes (5 multiple choice and 8 options for each question). A student of mine brought to my attention that they would learn better if they were able to se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I previously had SMS notifications set up and noticed that I stopped receiving notifications. After that, I deleted my SMS contact and tried to add it back, but I am not receiving a confirmation code. My phone is on Verizon.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is for an upload question inside a Canvas quiz Please don't respond with the generic " how to submit/view annotation feedback from an assignment". That is a different topic, and no-issues there. Here, I am specifically asking about a question in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to embed a file so that when students view the assignment description, they view the file, rather than having just the file in the description for students to download. Is this possible? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently gave a quiz that had several fill in the blank questions. I specifically chose fill in the blank so students would need to answer concisely. However, the students found they could exceed that character limit. Not only does this not encoura...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our users don't see the Profile option when they click on their Account menu option. The guide says it should be there unless disabled by admins. I am an admin on our Canvas. How do I enable that so people can add a bio and change photos, etc. Thanks...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have split my class into small groups. I want to provide feedback on assignments that are done outside of Canvas. So far I have been doing that by going to the group page (via People), then making an Announcement to the group. How do students see t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am the TA for one course on Canvas. Both the professor and I have been editing questions in a quiz. However, after I have edited some questions, the professor cannot see them immediately. In fact, he only saw the updated questions after abou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a teacher I just assigned a group assignment to students using the automatic feature. How do I know which students are in which groups?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Whenever I try to edit a quiz on Canvas, Canvas says "Students have either already taken or started taking this quiz, so be careful about editing it. If you change any quiz questions in a significant way, you may want to consider regrading stu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have assigned an assignment with part of my class doing A and one part doing B. The students can submit, but the grades do not sync to Infinite Campus. What do i need to do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There is a Canvas client who provided a test Provider/LaunchUrl, Secret and Key. I am trying to connect with C# Asp.net web form page via a Post, but it keeps complaining about the signature. I think the code is right. How can I get someone to take a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi!  I have a grammar page with a lot of links to it. How can I find the pages that link to this, when I want to change some links?  I found a link validator, which is great, but it's not what I am looking for. Is there a name for this tool that I ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How does a student submit assignments into the portal from their phone?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have three questions: 1) Is there a way to make Question Groups in the "New Canvas Quizzes" like I could make in the "Old Canvas Quizzes" that does not involved editing/using testing banks? It was very easy in the old quizzes and seems very cumbers...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have enrolled as a student to Northwestern Kelloggs Professional Certificate in Digital Marketing. I am having trouble setting up my Canvas account as a student of the program. I'm not too sure how to use Canvas actually and it says in my pr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning, I am a campus Canvas Admin for a group of Community Colleges. I have an instructor trying to set a due date for an assignment and get this error message "Due date cannot be after term end".  She is trying to set the date for May 11th, I...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm just curious as we're possibly looking to switch from Canvas to Moodle What is - in your experience - the most accessible LMS out there?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, If i add files to a blueprint and sync to my staff's associated pages - will it interfere with their page? Will it alter their page?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

While I was taking a time-pressured quiz, I forgot to minimize the PowerPoint which contains the handouts that I reviewed. I did not take a look at it as the Canvas is in full screen and the PowerPoint was under it. I only realized that I forgot to m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello guys, I badly need your help. I took an exam last night using my laptop then after finishing the exam, it says that I made 1 attempt. It is my habit to check on my canvas mobile as well if I really submitted an exam or not. What happened was in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to add a rubrics for one of our subjects as per the academics rubrics - when I add in the possible marks per criteria, it defaults to a different number. For example – if I pop in 20-17 as per the academics rubrics, this defaults to 20-16...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have exported my course as an imscc file so I can share it with a colleague. I've done this many times before, and the file is usually 2,000 - 5,000 KB. When I did this most recent export, it is nearly 300,000 KB. To my knowledge, there isn't anyth...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Classic Quizzes, when building a question, we are able to utilize the Upload Video feature  in order to record our voice reading the question.  Is there a way to do this in New Quizzes without taking extra steps?  We tried to Migrate a Classic Qui...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created buttons for my Canvas pages. I've been using them on my homepages since September and linking them to pages or modules with no problem. Over the last couple of weeks, some of them will no longer link. I go through the normal process to link...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good morning, Here's the issue: After changes were made in a quiz, and tested in 2 courses, they're not updating for students' views though they look fine everywhere else. We updated 2 questions in a single quiz.These questions are in a group.These q...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It appears that the statistics available for Canvas Conferences do not count interactions (speaking, chat, etc.) in breakout rooms.  Is this true?  Is there any way to see statistics from breakout rooms? Thanks! Anne Huebel, instructor & support spec...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know how to put a course so that it is not in  my dashboard, but I want to be removed from a course where a colleague chose to set me up as an observer and will not respond to my requests to be removed. There has to be a way I can remove myself?!??...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am unable to accept an invitation to join a canvas course that was made for a virtual conference I am attending. Every time I try to join, I am prompted to log in with my university info (since I already have a  canvas account through my univer...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies