Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello. Did anyone recently discovery this big change? There is no section break anymore and everything fill out all the screen. Someone find out a way to get the old layout?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, all. I have student submissions in .doc and .docx files that I am trying to annotate via SpeedGrader, but the DocViewer is not showing up for me, and never has. I'm running Firefoz 84.0.2, and the only extension I have is Facebook Container. I...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know how to extend the time for a single student for all quizzes and assignments throughout the semester. Students often have 1.5x time accommodation, doing that for each quiz and assignment is quite tedious. Please fix this. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach computer programming to beginners, and use DOMjudge to allow students to submit solutions to problems online.  DOMjudge was developed for programming contests and gives limited feedback, "WRONG ANSWER" being very common! We are expecting to u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to schedule an appointment by following along to this but for some reason the find appointment button is not on my calendar page. Am I missing something?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I'm CANVAS user in Honduras Central America  and I've been struggling with grades export CSV format since my PC is Windows operative system and when I export my gradebook the whole scores are scrambled, Anyone knows how to fix this? or is there is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to add a quiz I created for my students to the module page and it will not appear on either the assignment's drop down menu or the quiz one. It's a "new quiz" and not a "classic quiz" but I have been trying to add it into the modules for ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I make a quiz, I always like to take it to make sure I didn't make a mistake making the quiz, and to see how it will look to the student.  I know I can use Student View, but I have to publish the quiz in order to get that to work, which I don't...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi, I am wondering if there is any way to have the schedule feature added to a free teacher account? I would really like to use this with my classes. Thanks Kym

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an instructor who uses a rubric to score an assignment.  When grades are not posted or hidden, students can still see a link to the rubric which then displays the scores.  We would like to learn how to suppress the scored rubric until the grad...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

what does the 4 leaf clover and the yellow face with grill teeth mean beside an assignment?   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students are submitting papers for peer review late and finding they have no peer reviews assigned to them. So . . . I hit "assign peer reviews." I have 100 students, so I can't really tell if those how have not completed peer reviews have been shuff...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to batch update 1000s of URLs throughout Canvas, but I am not finding a process for this type of update.  Any advice?  The URL's may have been added in Canvas in a variety of areas and in a variety of ways.  Needing to find and replace p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I want to duplicate a module.  It won't give me the option.  I have no LTI assignments in the one I want to duplicate.  Why can't I???

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching a class that is virtual this semester because of COVID-19.  My guest speaker is not on Canvas, nor does he work or belong to my institution.  Is there a way to invite him into the Conferences option on Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm using Classic Quizzes as I find the report data vital for the data I need to report to my department.  Today I discovered a discrepancy between the "Correct Student Count" values in the Item Analysis Report vs. the aggregated count of students wh...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a 25 question quiz that is mainly multiple choice.  When I click on Quiz Statistics, the Question breakdown is not populating, it is just a blank box. HELP!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have problems logging in to CANVAS. I enter my password in the Log In to Canvas option and it tells me that I have incorrect log in information. I know my password is correct and my username, so I have no idea what is going on. I use the incognito ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to embed a widget (generated by  Bookwidgets.com) into my Quiz. I used the Insert/Edit Media button and pasted the code below into the Embed tab. <embed type="text/html" src="https://www.bookwidgets.com/play/2BZ8L2R" width="500" height="4...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I quickly change multiple due dates for a single student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Question I'm curious to know about the pros and cons of using the "copy a module to" function versus using the canvas export package. Context This is my third year using Canvas and my course content varies from year to year. I teach year-long high sc...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Another teacher assigned something to different sets of students so that she could use different due dates for different students (blended schedule here) . It's giving her the error Error Closing OneRoster REST client... Anyone seen this before?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Morning everybody, My institution is looking to purchase some anti-plagiarism software.  The only real one that I know of is Turnitin which has a good LTI integration.  Does anyone have any experience of other platforms that offer the same level of i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,   I have employed the quiz function and used it as a marked text-entry/ essay question assignment. This will then manually marked by trainers/ assessors. I am looking for ways to set up a due date for resubmission so the students have to resu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-04-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all, I have implemented IMS LTI 1.3 for a tool provider , now I an trying to list the assignments for a course using lineitems api (/api/lti/courses/:course_id/line_item) .I am able to list the assignments, but I am not able to get the due date in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas inbox has no delete/trash folder. Why is that? I need to recover a conversation that was mistakenly deleted. Unfortunately, when I went to search for the deleted thread of messages. I noticed that there was no trash box. How can I retrieve los...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible for students to start a quiz and save their answers so that can go back to complete the quiz at another time.  We've allowed for multiple submissions, but it seems that when the student goes back to finish the quiz, their previous answ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have one student who submitted her quiz on time but for some reason canvas "lost" it, so she had to resubmit after the due date. It is a graded survey (worth one point to every student who completes it). I assigned the point to each student via the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why I  can't see the 'appointment' option ? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies