Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'd like to post a blog rss feed on a page in my Canvas course, but I can't find anything that is both free and that works. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

There are some typical tabs like gradebook, assignment, quizzes and modules that I visit for all the courses that I teach. As of now, to access the gradebook of a course, I have to first click on the course name and then click on the gradebook. Can w...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Could we change the "preview the document" icon (the one with a magnifying glass over a document) to an icon as suggested: eye icon or eye with eyelash icon (which I associate with "view this thing")? I find the current icon confusing, and only disco...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student I was attempting to schedule a meeting with one of my Professors and Canvas told me I needed to reauthorize WebEx. I have been unable to do this as I can not find a log out of WebEx button to be able to re enter my information. The one t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a discussion assignment where there are four articles linked, and I am breaking students up into groups of four where each student in a group is to be assigned one of the articles to read and summarize for their group members, who them must co...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello I am an administrator for all ADA accommodation requests. Is there a way for me as an Admin in Canvas to generate a master class list for all current canvas courses at my university? Not courses for which I am enrolled in, but for all the class...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!  I am an Instructional Assistant. I have just contacted our Technical Support Department because I am having issues when trying to add my phone number to join an outside group ZOOM account. We kept on getting an error message that said something ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Last semester I set my notifications so that Discussion posts would push immediately to my iPhone via the Teacher app. I told my students if they had questions about material to post there as I don't have push notifications for my email (my phone wou...

• 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Our institution is currently migrating to Canvas.  In so doing, we are configuring multiple LTI's in our test environment however test gets overlaid once a month by production.   Is there a way to disable the LTI's in the test environment?  If not, h...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have just completed a course on Canvas but have not received any documentation or a transcript of my coursework. What can I do to ensure that I receive credit for my work? Thank you, Patricia Mayer

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two students on Canvas. When I get the Canvas notifications, I can click and see the grades for one student. For the other, I am locked out of seeing the grades. Any ideas what I did wrong? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A teacher using Power School with Canvas keeps getting the following error when trying to sync grades: Grade exchange job failed. Status in SIS: 5 - EXCHANGE_ERROR_NON_RETRYABLE - 3ef64e94-07e4-4fa0-a969-224c89c498f7 - Socket timeout, no response wit...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

1) How can I award fudge points of say 1 point to all students in a Quiz, without manually adding them one by one in Speedgrader?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've gone through the document herehttps://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-enable-SpeedGrader-to-launch-filtered-by-student-group/ta-p/947And I can't get it to do anything useful in my course.   I have 21 Sections, and I've creat...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was able to copy assignments to other classes in the past.  Just recently when I tried to copy, I get this message: There was a problem starting the copy operation. The same message comes up when I try to import an assignment from another colleague...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I'm in Grades, I click on the 3 dots and choose Message Students who...if I then select "have not submitted", it lists all the students in the class, whether they have submitted or not.

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

With the new (terrible) 2020/21 updates to Canvas Assignments, I can no longer submit my media. This includes video recorded both directly from Canvas and videos recorded in .mov files and .mp4 files. In the media option of assignments I drag the fil...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My course has 19 sections, that do not meet all at the same time. So, I created an event where I used a different date for each section. That worked great. Now, I need to edit each section and put section specific content in the blocks, but when I do...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A faculty needs to update the value of an assignment and sync it to the other courses after students have submitted work. What happens (if anything) to the student's submissions?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My buttons are in a table and all set to the same pixel size. When they are displayed on a PC they look even and uniform in size, but when displayed on a Chromebook they resize slightly and look funky. How can I keep this from happening? First pic is...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created groups in my Canvas course and created group appointment slots on the calendar for the course. Each group has successfully signed up for a slot. The issue is that students cannot see on their own Canvas calendar which slot they've signed up...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the new RCE, we no longer have a button in the tool bar for directionality. Instead, users have to go into the Format drop-down menu to select directionality, which is much less convenient. Directionality also does not "stick" in tables, so users ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our teachers use the Google Assignments LTI. We are noticing that teachers are grading within Google Assignments, clicking Return, and the grades are NOT syncing over and appearing in the Canvas grade book. Has anyone else seen this? It was working b...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Our exams conducted as quizzes in our Canvas accounts, They are all essays based on a legal problem.The way I answer my essay is that I copy and paste relevant information from the problem given to the text box below. In paper and pencil exams, I use...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have had students turn in assignments but it does not pop up on my to do list. I have to look at the actual assignment and grade it from there. Is there a way to fix my to do list so I do get notified each time a kid turns in a assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please. Please Canvas. Please allow students to choose from a much wider variety of colors when we are customizing our course cards. I completely rely on color to organize and when I cannot match the color for the course in my planner and on Canvas, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I use the Syllabus page as my homepage for my classes and have included buttons on the page to take students to where they need to go.   One of my buttons I have named Week At a Glance,it will take students to the Modules page, and to the specifics w...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone,  I would like to know if I can change the name of a button, especially "Reply" in Discussions. I want to change the name of the button which means posting learners' first opinion to "Post" and keep the name of "Reply" that means reply to...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear Canvas Developers and decision-makers, I am an instructor and I have used Canvas for 2 years now.  The new Rich Content Editor is a complete failure. So far, I have been using it to create 4 new courses and I absolutely hate it.  I do not unders...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies