Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello! My name is Jamie Shegogue and I am a current sophomore in college. After speaking with a bunch of my peers, I saw an issue that I felt needed to be brought up. It has come to my attention that in one user’s Canvas profile, they are only allowe...

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a free, not affiliated with any institution, account so I could make a website for a homework assignment and I need to make it visible to the evaluators so they can grade it. How do I do that? I have tried and keep being told to contact my ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I delete canvas visit history. I don't see any option on my canvas page. Thanks you in advance

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I have an ungraded assignment that is not due until next week and a -  shows in the grade book, is this grade reflected in the overall student's average that is showing in Canvas? I mean, is Canvas calculating this ungraded assignment that is not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I copied a template from a shared course into my own course, it merged with a module I had in there.  Is there an easy way to undo that or do I just manually move the content into a separate module?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So on the student access reports it will show the time an individual accessed a certain file or something, but my question is, does the time reflect what time it currently is in canvas? I.e. if a device on east coast time accessed a file on my site a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm writing a discussion (game) for students to first post then vote. They will vote after the discussion is closed, but I want to make sure they can still access it after it has closed to view it, not to update it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way modify the way an Assignment looks to remove the Due and Points banner at the top of an Assignment? We're trying to add an H5P page to an assignment as an activity that has no points or due date. The idea is to remove the idea that the...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I created a text submission assignment with availability times.  A student submitted assignment a minute after the available UNTIL time.  I tried changing the UNTIL time but student had already lost the work.  Is there a way to retrieve the lost work...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm importing a course and the calendar entries are getting copied along with everything else. I don't want this to happen because the class dates and times on the new course are going to be different. Is there a way to copy a course without copying ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can we do something like this in Canvas Quiz: Students are given an option to choose two from the three questions posted:(20 points) Answer two of these three questions.Question AQuestion BQuestion C

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have one question on a quiz that the majority of students got incorrect. I want to make it so that those who missed it get credit for it, but not add extra points to those that got it correct. Is there a way to do this in Canvas Quizzes?Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students can't see my course on their Dashboard unless they go in and click on All Courses. Was I supposed to do something to make that visible for them without them having to do that? They say that it's showing "past courses" or something like th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not sure if it is a Canvas problem or a PowerSchool problem but my grades have not transferred from Canvas to PowerSchool. I know that it has worked because a few grades have made it, but it has been at least a week since the last grades transferred....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently administering an exam using Canvas' Quizzes functionality (not New Quizzes), and the quiz has a time limit of 75 minutes. Although this time limit seems to be working for almost all students, one student emailed to let us know that she...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, Sometimes during my conference, I get a Websocket Error 1002 notification and my audio gets disconnected.This is very disturbing while teaching. How do I fix this? 

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So I'm a student at two different colleges, which both use canvas, and would like to see both classes from the two schools on my dashboard. Is that even possible? How do I go about merging accounts to participate in both classes? Thanks for any help ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I had to set up a touch ID two factor authentication in canvas and when I try to take exams the touch ID on my macbook won't register, I've tried restarting the computer but I think I need to find a way to turn off the touch ID authentication, any he...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an admin role and our institution is new to Canvas.  We are also a Zoom customer.  We used this resource to setup some level of integration - https://zoomappdocs.docs.stoplight.io/lti-pro-v2/guides/canvas That said, if one goes into a course,...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm an instructor using Canvas at a high school.  I wish that, in Speedgrader, there was a way to go to the next ungraded assignment, rather than just the next student (alphabetically).  I have fairly large classes, and when two or three students tur...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Iʻm trying to figure out why canvas grade book automatically marks my student's resubmissions as late.  I have the grade book set up to automatically deduct points for late submissions.  When students resubmit for revisions they are being marked late...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a Discussion Board and marked it as "Graded".  How do I get the grades in Canvas??  I can see each student's submission, but no place to put points and if you click on the box as you do in Blackboard (Soooooo much better) you get nothi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my assignments is an Edpuzzle video. I put it in a module and some students completed it. The grades were not automatically put in grades in canvas.  There are no grades in speedgrader. I went back to the assignment and do not see any of the s...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was reassigned to teach a new grade mid year and all of my students have been removed from my class. Is there a way I can see my old students submitted assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to add an image or screen shot into a message? I have kids who ask how to do something and it would be nice to be able to add a screen shot of the button or place to click.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I prohibit multiple-file submissions?  I want students to submit ONE PDF file for grading, but some are scattering their work across multiple files.  Can I get Canvas to enforce a single-file limit, while still allowing students to do multiple...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a Canvas Admin for my school. I see there is a feature for teachers to generate student pairing codes. That feature is not turned on for teachers in my district. Where can I turn this on in the Admin side of Canvas. I already tried it in "Permis...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I hid the "My Media" nav link on my course from students.  But, now it's hidden from me as well.  How do I access "My Media" and keep it hidden from students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a teacher is recording a video in Canvas to share with students, is there a way for them to change the thumbnail image that appears? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies