Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am having trouble using VideoThread for my algebra class. In the assignment areas, it gives me the option to sign in through Canvas, but when i try it takes me back to dash board. When I try Brightside, it is a dead end. Anyone have any suggestions...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I annotate the PDF version of a student document, then they resubmit, how do they toggle back to the previous version, where the feedback was written?   

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I import a Zoom meeting using the meeting ID into more than one course?  I am trying to use the import meeting feature for a class split between two grade levels.  When I input the id I get the message that this meeting is associated with ano...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am using Sections to assign different versions of the same assignment for the purposes of IEPs. How do you make it so students cannot see both versions in their module. I have only assigned the students in each section to the corresponding assig...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

All of my Canvas classes are linked with Math MyLab and Mastering.  All of them have Autosync turned on, but in one class, the Autosync feature is not working and the grades are not updating (unless I sync the grades manually).   All of the settings ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I grade a google assignment LTI submission and then "return" it to the student, the grade then transfers to Canvas like it is supposed to... HOWEVER, the problem is that the grade in Canvas is reflecting a deduction of late points according to w...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a new user and I did search posts to answer my question, but was unable to find what I needed.  My apologies in advance if this has already been solved.So, we are 100 % remote learning, and I have students turn in math assignments via online upl...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My Canvas and Pearson My Lab Math are integrated.  I have a student who transferred from another teacher's course with the same textbook into my course, but is not automatically being added into my My Lab course.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I email students and parents at the same time about missing work. Canvas allows me to email students but each parent will have to be listed individually. Is there some way to link parent and student so when student gets automated email about ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to help a student embed an image in their discussion post using the rich text editor.  I've had student do this all year, and several have already successfully done so this term.This student is getting a "Failed to Upload" error message wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning everyone; When I publish an assignment (not pulled over from another course) I am getting duplicate assignments in grades inside of canvas.  The duplicate is giving them 100 that I cannot delete.  When I look in modules and in assignment...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to always have the new assignment posted to the top without having to go in and MOVE it to the top?  This seems so slow!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Many teachers at my school want to be able to assign something to a group of students using the "Assign" section of an assignment--NOT the checkbox for making something a group assignment. Unfortunately, the only options showing in the dropdown menu ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear all, For my course in Canvas, I want student to complete some quizzes of a total of 100 points with at least 60/100 points. If they do not score more than 60 points, they must take the same quiz again. They can have unlimited attempts. I have to...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have modules published and students did the work. Then when I got to my grades it shows they are unpublished. Can anyone help? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I unfortunately did not see the workaround suggestion for adding a rubric to an external tool (Flipgrid) until after my students had submitted their videos.  Now I am not able to modify the assignment to a submission on paper to add the rubric to the...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I successfully added Apex as an app. Now what? I only see it as an added app, no where else in my course. I would like to link it somehow to the assignments and to my grades. If I'm not able to, what is the purpose of adding it to my course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is there a way to get the actual grade to be displayed when "assignment graded" notifications are posted? this would be SO much more convenient for both students and parents. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I link a Mastering (physics) assignment to Canvas it creates TWO grade columns. I have the Mastering assignment ready to go. I create an assignment in Canvas and choose the submission type to be External Tool and select Mastering Assignments. It...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I move pages around?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone experienced an issue or is anyone currently experiencing an issue with SpeedGrader jumping around on the page while trying to comment or annotate on a submitted document?  It was working fine during the previous semesters.  All of the repo...

• 5 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hey, all! I am new to Canvas, but I spent last week reading guides and setting up due dates and assignments. I have all modules and assignments published, but am unable to publish the actually courses. There's just no publish button. I'm so frustrate...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I cannot access to my account, it still taking me to this page.I have installed Google Chrome Thank you 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,I was playing around with sending/reading messages using the Conversations API and I've run into a little issue.Say for example we have user A and user B. If user A sends a message to user B, then I can run the GET v1/conversations/ request...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As an English Language Support teacher, I thought it would be helpful to join my teachers' classes.  But I don't want to see the assignments they have to grade show up on my to-do list.  What should I do?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All,  I have a class that has multiple sections: some for the days students meet in-person (a Monday section and a Wednesday section) and a section for everybody (Art 311 B). See below: I have an assignment where I'd like to have 2 due dates for ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assigned fudge points on a quiz in error. Now I want to set them back to zero, but Speedgrader doesn't let me - it keeps the fudge points there and gives the students a score above 100%. I searched the history here and found that other people compl...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas mixes "apples and oranges" with units on quiz statistics. It reports the mean in % units but the standard deviation in units of the number of questions in the quiz. For example, in the latest quiz I gave (11 questions), Canvas reported 83% for...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ok  We recently lost a quick shortcut - the RCE doesnt size correctly and everytime I edit the first thing I do is open it up wider...why does it open so small.  There was a workaround- go to HTML editor and it would resize to the size needed for RCE...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies