Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello all!  We are brand new to Canvas, only days old, and the teachers I've imported into Canvas do not have the button to create courses.  When I looked, it seems that permissions to create courses is found in the "Account Roles" area of Permission...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all, So I've run into an odd problem with the Zoom LTI Pro and was wondering if anyone has gotten this specific configuration to work properly. Within the Zoom LTI Pro there is an option to auto-provision instructors and students. The specific wor...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey All!I know how to wrap text around an image. Is it possible to wrap it around a video?Thanks!Leslee

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to import a course template. The "adapting-to-online-export" template.  I have followed all of the instructions, but it is read as "queued" and beneath it says can't be downloaded for 500 days.  ????  Any help would be appreciated.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our district is using public courses for online open houses so parents and students don't have to sign in. I could not find a way to turn off or hide the calendar on the home page. When someone using the public url link clicks on it they are taken ou...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My class code is not working when students try to join. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On my dashboard under all files have two workrooms and I want to delete one of them.  What is the procedure?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My college would like to create something that students have to "pass through" in order to get to their dashboard. Specifically, we want to make a COVID training course that all of our students must advance through before they can access their course...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,I'm an Instructional Coach and am starting a new school year. I went to pull up the Fast Track video series and see that they been pulled down. Does anyone know if those videos will be reposted? They are such a great resource! I'm crossing my ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to create a quiz of about 20 multiple choice questions. The answer to each question relies on knowing the correct answer to the previous question. So I want the quiz to work so the student sees Q1 then answers it and it gets marked as correct/...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have accidentally crosslisted a 1st semester course with a 2nd semester course and I need to de crosslist but I don't have that option because there are students enrolled.  What can I do to get this fixed. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I try and compose an email I can choose the class, but I can't find any people to send it to. I am trying to send something to my teacher but the list that's supposed to show the people in your class is turning up as "no result found". That mess...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to customize the days that the zoom meetings can be scheduled? Right now it just goes from the current day to 30ish days in the future, and sets a meeting for everyday including the weekends. Is there a way to make the meetings only oc...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher assigned a student role in a Canvas course created by administration.  On the dashboard, I can't see it's course card.  I can only see the course in list view.  I have been invited to the course again and I have accepted.  Administrati...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create an additional Sandbox? I would like to create 1 Sandbox for each prep.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course I am working on that has a couple modules that I am going to be using adaptive release to make sure they are only available at a certain time. This course is going to serve as a template where I can then copy the content into user spe...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am new to Canvas so I apologize if this has been asked before. I uploaded a  exported canvas course a fellow teacher sent me. Everything seemed to be working fine, however, the design layout of each page is not the same as theirs. For some reaso...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a page in one course that I want to LINK to my other courses (so if I edit it, all courses see the latest edits).  I DONT want to copy it.  Ditto with a file.  Or an Announcement.  Any object.  It doesn't seem like Canvas will allow this (yes,...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello!  I am entering a virtual teaching role for my entire elementary school this fall. Our administration's thoughts were to have virtual students being able to have access to homeroom teachers so they can receive grade specific instruction via zoo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone have any information/instruction for school districts using Ascender (TxEIS) on how the integration process of information sharing works with Canvas?  Looking for any help to make the process easier for our district and other districts us...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had 2 assignments with similar titles, one with posted grades and one without.  I erroneously deleted the assignment that had posted grades in it.  Is there a way to retrieve that assignment and the attached grades? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Stephanie Jordan had some great series posted, but now I get an "Access Denied" message, Here is just one of the links. I assume it has something to do with the "Colder sorage" part, but I sure hate to lose access to these.https://community.canvaslms...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Are any PTs, OTs, and/or SLPs using canvas for distance education? A few of my colleagues and I are having a hard time setting it up! We have multiple schools and it's confusing how to be able to manage either by school or by ES vs MS vs HS. I would ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to be able to download the registration data for people that have signed up for a course so that I can follow up with them via email later and communicate new offers, but cannot see how I can do that.  A simple excel file is really all I want.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was given a Canvas blueprint shell for my course for this semester. Some pages were made for us and had links in there that were linked to other pages. These pages were locked and we are not allowed to edit. I made the mistake of renaming a page an...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I link an individual module to a button on my homepage, all of my modules are showing up.  I am clicking module and clicking an individual module on the drop down, but it is still showing all my modules when a student clicks on the button. How c...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I wants to post grades on LMS(Canvas) via LTI Grade Passback from a Tool Provider. So in that case i need to  make any change on Canvas or not? .and if there is anything need to update on Canvas please brief about that.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, good afternoon, I am a student of latam, I had a problem when I made an online evaluation, the moment I uploaded the files it had been uploaded perfectly and then when I received my grade I was surprised that an error came up when loading the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I noticed that in the conference tool it no longer has the warning under the "concluded conferences" that recordings are deleted after 14 days. Is this still the case or are they available for long term now?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I'm not interested in the avatar period. How can I not have that on here at all

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies