Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When I saw the free draw annotate feature in speed grader I was initially excited that I would be able to grade FRQs on the student's work just like on paper.  I have a Wacom Bamboo USB writing tablet, which I use to draw in microsoft paint.  When I ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We recently installed the Zoom Pro LTI on our Canvas production system.  We have received some emails from faculty asking about a way to turn off the email notifications currently going to students before the beginning of the semester from Zoom event...

• 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Is there a way for us to use the API to check which users have completed a course? Or, can we trigger something (3rd party  API) when a course has been completed?Thanks,

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I deleted my sandbox by accident. Now I have to look to all my courses and at the bottom in previous enrollment i can find it but cannot work on it. How can I get it back?? I already wrote support but haven't receive any answer yet.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

There was a Canvas Live event yesterday about new Google Assignments LTI.   I can't find any documentation anywhere in the Community, guides etc on that beyond the Canvas Live video.   Please help? Links, anyone?  Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!Our students are getting an error message when trying to submit audio recordings in Canvas. The error message reads:"Submission Failed Invalid parameter for submission_typemedia_recording. Required:submission[media_comment_id],submission[media_...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I plan to leave a lot of feedback for students through the "comments" button at the bottom of each assignment.  At my school, we are asked to write a summary narrative (that gets mailed home) about each student at the end of each semester.  It would ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had experimented with adding myself to my sandbox as a student to try to see Google Cloud assignments from a student perspective (didn't work out that well, however), but now I seem to be unable to delete myself as a student, even after completely ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to get the direct URL of an uploaded PDF file in canvas? Looking at the code structure, the following access are possible: school.instructure.com/courses/#####/files/##### - This gives you the file page where you can view the PDF file....

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to import the external tool MyOpenMath into my Canvas course.  I see that the app is installed, but it's not configured.  I've tried several times (and now I can see I have 4 MyOpenMath apps), but it's not linking to my course.  

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a bit confused.. I just purchased the hardcover and digital textbook, but I have not received an access code yet? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have successfully embedded a published google slide.  Everything was beautiful and but now the links do not open.  Help

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi all. New school with Canvas, and I have playing around, trying to figure Canvas out. Quick question. We have the Google Assignments LTI. I can create an Assignment using a Google Doc, that will copy to each of my students. However, if I try to cop...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

All of our students have been issued a school Gmail and have their email and google drive registered with Canvas. Every now and then we have students who are not able to access Google Cloud Assignments. They are logged into their school email, but ar...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Sou aluno de Teologia em EAD, minha sugestão é que seria bom criarmos um grupo no WhatsappAlunos Teologia 1/2020

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi!I checked through past questions but did not see an answer to my question. I know that most professors use Modules rather than Pages for each Chapter. But, as a newbie, it seems easier for me personally to follow the chapter using Pages. In Psych ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are troubleshooting an issue where a faculty member has added a significant amount of content in the "Syllabus Description" field and when the page renders sometimes it renders with the automated "Course Summary" and other times the Course Summary...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hen I enter a grade for a quiz that students submitted, the grade is not transmitted to the gradebook. It doesn't show that the quiz has been graded, niether. What is wrong?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all-as usual people will ask why??? i want the functionality of assignment dates but that's about it....Is there a way to make the title of an assignment pape link to another url? currently if you click on the asisgnment title you go to the assign...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am Music Encore for Elementary school - Prek - 5th gradeHow do I "push" into each class for a 30 minute lesson Without students having to log on/off

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have enabled our google drive with the Google LTI properly. Our teacher is trying to do a collaboration with google drive. She wants to add a slide and presentation. She has two teacher accounts with google, and neither will complete authorization...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm reviewing a some courses in Canvas which does not have an Ally license associated with them. How can I check a course for ADA/WCAG compliance without Ally? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created buttons in Canva to use on my Canvas Course Homepage. I have six different Buttons that I made (About Your Teacher, Syllabus, Assignments, Discussions, Class Resources, Learning Modules). For four of the buttons, when I link for exampl...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We sent an invite to one of our students for an upcoming course and accidentally put in the wrong name. How can we go about fixing this so that when we send her an invite in the future, it shows the correct name? She has already updated her display n...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't get rid of the the tiny external link icon at the bottom of one of my assignments.  Please help.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. Keeping this short because my message was erased by Canvas when I tried to post...Using Free Canvas for Teachers.  Trying to import quiz material *from Canvas* and getting the error 'unsupported content package' after it appears to upload.  (I ha...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone know how to assign groups within a section using Canvas "group" feature. Ex: If a class has 5 lab sections meet in different times, withing each section there are 10 students to be divided in to 5 groups. is there a way to do this through...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where should we go to let you know about links that are still broken after the community update?  I really don't want to have to repeat of the last time this happened and I was the one to have to tell you every link we had that was broken but I guess...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am in the middle of a new implementation and need some advice, please. How does your district handle substitute teacher access for Canvas? Long-term subs seem easy enough, as I can add them as a TA to a course to give them limited access, grade ass...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to allow students to access assignments that their classmates have uploaded into Canvas?I have assigned each student a term paper which they'll upload into Canvas.I want students to be able to read each other's papers.Is there a way th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies