Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am brand new to Canvas on the teacher side. My students don't have Google Classroom access but they do have access to the Google Drive.How do I add a Google Doc that can be edited and submitted into Canvas? I have resources I'd like to use but I st...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to search for text string across all units of a shell?Search for URLs, file names, or by attribute (extension, hidden text…)?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've seen this question answered multiple times with instructions about how to cross-list.  I'm not asking about bringing together sections on two different course pages.  The sections are already in the same course.  I'm trying to merge two sections...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you upload a file directly from a shared google drive or does it have to upload from your drive?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to get certified for completion: 1. Prepare to launch and 2.K-12, First day ready.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My courses will not load on my computer and the course files will not load either. However they load on my mobile phone. Can this be fixed? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I connect to Canvas or try to do anything with Canvas a message always comes down and saysthat my browser has not been updated.Please help me.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

PLEASE HELP!! When we try to print the slides/powerpoint presentation with the speaker notes we added,  it formats the presentation funky. We have tried opening it via PPT and in Google Slides and the same problem/issue exists... I've attached a scre...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am teaching hybrid classes this fall. Each of my class sections will be divided into two subgroups, and I will have a different assignment schedule for each subgroup based on the day they meet me in the classroom. I have divided them into Groups us...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to get back custom data with a list of users or is it only retrievable using the individual user ID?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to list users by last modified date?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I import a class from Moodle onto Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I already have a school account and went to my profile page... but I can't find the codes or consumer key.Where can I get this info?Thanks, Anita

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all!For starters, I've read much of the community posts on Blueprint courses, including:Tips for Designing and Maintaining Blueprint Courses by  @kblack Lessons Learned about Blueprint Courses: Introduction by  @lindalee ‌While these posts are fro...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I keep getting this message when I try to look at student view. I have clicked “authorize” to no avail. I am already signed in to google so I’m not sure what else I need to do.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In order to complete my training, GCC has a Getting Started Module that is available for download.  I would like to import it into my course.  Where is it?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to design a page with multiple toggle buttons. My problem is when I add more than one toggle button they are both activated. I need to set up my page so that when I click each button they work independently and only one set of information...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get a class back after concluding it?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a function that will allow text to become speech for students that would need that?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

is there a way to build one course (a shell course; lack of a better term) then distribute the one course to build several different courses?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The math type that is available on canvas quizzes does not offer the segment/line/ray bar above the two letters that label the segment. There is a code that can be typed that I found by googling it, but could those tools be added to the math type men...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Suppose that the students' answers to a test must be uploaded to Canvas as pdf files. Do they have more than one try? For example, if a student realizes after uploading that he forgot to include page 2 of a 3 page answer in the pdf, can he upload a n...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My document camera is hooked to my laptop and I would like to record a lesson giving notes.  Is this a possibility?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher. I have an MP4 video in my computer and my Google Drive.  I have tried to embed the video in my Canvas home page without success.  The video is placed in the page but it is black and does not play.  I do not see Google Drive icon in my...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you turn off notifications?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am an admin for our system, I have added a sandbox course to our course list for all of my teachers (I think). How long does it take to show the course in my teacher's accounts?I used these instructions: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I set my welcome page as my front page, but every time i click on home it takes me to my syllabus instead. How can I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I export only some of the content from my Sandbox into another class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i add a hyperlink to the home page

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey does anyone in here know if Power School is no longer working with Canvas? I heard the grade pass-back connector was broken on the last update. Any ideas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies