Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

• 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I delete a test grade to allow for a retake?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to send emails to parents

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After cross-listing your same courses, how do you just look at an individual course to see if the identical module is there or to change just one part that I do not want in a certain period?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I insert a printable syllabus?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have many courses attached to me as an elementary teacher.  Is there a way to use just my "Homeroom" course as a sort of launch page for the other courses?  In other words, can I create a link (button) to modules in the other courses?  I want to be...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a Canvas Administrator for my school and am trying to add a teacher to a course, which is somethingI do all the time.  I have no idea what I clicked, but suddenly the icon to add people is gray and won't let me click.  The only option I have is ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team,We have an API configured with Canvas talking to Perkins at the moment. We recently received and email from Canvas to action the below items. We are more concerned with this Transition your API URL to a legacy endpoint for your institution.  ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can a student add a 12 minute video through Canvas so that I, the instructor, can view it? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Somehow, my son's email is now attached to my account. I am unable to delete his email from my account. How do I fix this?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am working on createing a canvas class before we 'go live' in ... October?. Teachers in our district have been advised that we will be using CANVAS this year and I am attempting to 'educate' myself before the actual training. I have been working on...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I duplicated an assignment and went to change the due date and got a message that "due date can not be after term end." It appears that the term end date was set incorrectly on my course. How do I get this changed, not sure who to contact.Thanks,Bria...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I change my name in Canvas? (I had previously legally changed my name and it has been updated with my school system but apparently not updated in Canvas)

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My problem is that when ever I attempt to take my final exam it sends me an error message (below) I amfollowing all  the steps of clearing my browser history and cache and  restarting my browser but I still am getting the same error message (sometime...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I download a a paper and send it to my instructor?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an elementary school counselor what do I select as my role?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to download a video made using Kaltura in Canvas. I want to use the video in another video I am editing. I don't see any options to download the video to my PC. Help, please.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I create an assignment on Canvas, and have students submit a question via the "text entry" option, is there a way to combine all answers and review them together as one list of responses? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm starting to work on my Sandbox course in preparation for my district to populate my actual courses. I prefer the New Quizzes and was thinking of building up my item banks. However, the Import feature appears to only transfer question banks from C...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do you know if Canvas has any sort of built in file scan that happens when students add/attach a document to send to a teacher via the Inbox.  Not through an assignment.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I look at an assignment in Student View, I don't see any instructions telling students how to submit their work. How do they know how to do that?Once submitted, how do I know how to retrieve student submissions?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like a grade to consist of the scores students get on the rubric rows. That is, a grade might be something like 4-3-3 if those were the scores on the three rubric rows. How can I do that?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When creating a Quiz, I clicked on New quizzes and then asked it to save this as my default option. I now have changed my mind and want to use the classic quizzes but I can't find the classic quiz option now. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have heard a lot about the new quizzes in Canvas and I know it is not currently available on the free for teacher accounts. I was just wondering if there was a tentative timeline for when that will be released for free accounts?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Im new to Canvas still and I am trying to change the points for different assignments but I can not find where to do this. When I want the grades to be in % style and not point style, I see where I go to change this but, the point on the grade...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to embed a power point that has audio on each slide as a virtual training for staff.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where do I find the "Developer Key" feature if I have a "Free for Teacher" account? I'm trying to integrate my Zoom account to the Canvas calendar. I was able to successfully integrate with LTI Pro my Zoom account into the Canvas course navigation. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot get a file to open in DocViewer. It is a HTLM file and when I open to grade the gray docviewer bar is not there. It also says it is read only. ,

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to make my announcements living on my home page.  How do I do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I copy a bitmoji scene in google drive into canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies