Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Each fall, I teach multiple sections of the same course. Typically, I combine these into a single course shell so that I'm not duplicating efforts with announcements, assignments, resources, etc. This fall, of course, I'll be doing them online. Using...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

the pieces are cut off and not showing all of what was created. Is there a setting I have done wrong

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to request for a sandbox course to build content, since there is now no "add course" button prior to the new school year. Is that possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know each module has 500 MB file upload. so does this mean the 32 modules i create will have 500 MB file upload and i can upload a large file to each module? Is there a limit the free canvas account of MB it has as a whole? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-27-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used my email as a log-in credentials with another institution. I need to set up our own account using my own email. The other institution was not able to delete my login.How can I set up an account with my own email used with a previous organ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made my Bimoji Classroom as my Home but it gave the classroom a black border on the top and bottom.  It did this when first put it on the page but I adjusted the embed code to fix it.  It fixed it on the page but not on Home.  Any advice? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to release the quiz answers on a specific range of dates after the quiz is due. This was an option in the Classic Quizzes, but I do not see it in the New Quizzes. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So, as an ASL teacher I have uploaded, inserted etc...videos many times flawlessly.  Now I can't get the google link to auto-inline open... and if I use the file through canvas files (which requires me to download to computer then upload into canvas ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete an old syllabus and upload the new one

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Pages - how to resize the images in a table

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I create a Discussion and leave the Available from and Until dates blank, when is the Discussion first visible to students, and when does it stop being visible?The Discussion does have a due date for required participation. Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm working in my Sandbox, seeing if I can do something like standards based grading in Canvas. I have imported a list of outcomes that use 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 scores instead of the default. I make a New Quiz with one question that I assign to an outco...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Bonjour,      J'ai créé du contenu comme étant un "assesment", un devoir, mais je voulais en faire une "page". Pour ne pas avoir à tout recommencer, comment puis-je seulement changer "assesment" pour "page".      Merci beaucoup.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is a section in a course verses a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to use Autocomplete Select from instructure-ui - A design system by Instructure Inc. (7.1.2) I couldn't make it work in my local setup but I see it working in codepen. I am not sure what library is being included for <Select.Option.....> as I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am giving an exam in Canvas.  Using the moderate this quiz.  After a period of time the color of the student name changes.  Is this timed? or is it an indication of their progress in the quiz?Also, I allow 1 attempt.  Some are on the first attempt,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to change the default mic and webcam for media comments, so I do not have to change it every time I want to record a comment?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

kaltura not listed in settings -> navigation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Folks,Hope you are doing well. This is what we found out: when we restore the deleted user by changing their status in user.csv from “deleted” to “active”, their previous course enrollment is not restored automatically.Is there a better way to s...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add an app to my course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the welcome to home page to create the page. the tutorial is not helpful

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

what is the phone number for support

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the 'CANVAS' logo to my own logo (School logo)?Thanks,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where can I, as a student see my own analytics?  Like how long it took me to complete a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I edit from imported content to make a welcome page?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

New editor and Math equations

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could you please tell me how to add columns to my grade book and then assign a percentage for each category such as participation, quizzes, homework, tests, final exam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I change the name on a course?  I am using my district's template and my course name says "Template" I want it to say First Grade

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am band new to canvas.  My goal is to set up a sample class for my teachers so they can see what it looks like and how to navigate.  I am lost on where to start

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to post a discussion in a Canvas event. How do I find the event? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies