Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Where can I find Home Page Templates? 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't find any videos or assignments on my home screen for the course I'm taking through campus. Wherever I go it just shows a blank white screen.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can get my outlook calendar to post all activities into the calendar in Canvas?  The activities show in a list but not on the Canvas calendar.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Not able to see the images of the course card for Canvas application by Bitnami hosted on AWS

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I click on the Discussions Tab, it always lists All Discussions first. Is there a way to make the first/default list be the unread discussions?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are trying to send a DeepLinkResponse message back to canvas, but we are receiving a 500 message. We were wondering if you could give us a little more insight as to what the issue is. We are posting the following jwt token to the deep linking URL ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I deleted the assignment from a module. I thought I replaced it but the replacement does not allow students to post files. Please advise ASAP. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to assign weighted grades in a course

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I upload a video from my files to my syllabus? When I try using the icon for media, in the assignment box, it won't upload

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are any other admins seeing this? We went from roughly one-two per month reported spam calls to the Instructure help desk to nearly daily since June 12. What's going on?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach 7th-grade science and have created my course home page with buttons for my students to access material. Is there a way to hide everything from student view except the home page and still allow them to access the material? Right now whenever t...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i log into canvas? I am getting an Error Message when I click on the Authorization button?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to add "Test Student" in the grade book?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to move questions from a question bank to a quiz. I don't want to use the entire question bank and I would rather not retype the questions if possible.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I have a strange problem.  Some of my students have stopped participating, although they are still registered in the class.  They are no longer completing quizzes and exams.  For some quizzes and exams I can enter a zero, but for others I cannot. ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like to turn on the New Quiz feature for my teachers but it is greyed out on my feature options admin page. I thought that New Quizzes was now available for all paid accounts. Any ideas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just finished my first year of using Canvas - both as an instructor as an admin.  Yay!  Anyway, I try do "housekeeping" and organizing when I can.  We have lots of students over the years in the school who have duplicate names.  Anyway, I was think...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There seems to be a recurring problem with "coca error 132001" Is there a solution yet?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to view the dashboard. Any suggestions?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I recently made an SIS import for new student accounts but a couple of SIS ids overlapped and the result is that some of the students lost their accounts. Is there a way I can set up the students again without losing their data?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My computer ran into technical issues midstream and I needed to transfer my stuff to an older computer we had at home, a 2011 Macbook. When I try to run Canvas on Chrome, it doesn't load properly and I can't see the courses I'm working on. I know it'...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I put exponents when I am using Matching Type of Questions?There is no Math quill or means for me to put exponents.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone had any reports of students being allocated random quiz questions from Question banks, and reporting that one of their questions (which was a text-only question (spacer) drawn from a bank) changed?Student wrote = I attempted question H fir...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is my Mac laptop compatible with Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i view my class on line?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i was just wondering how to put the ID code on canvas or add a course ID number?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do you have to provide email address, or is it done through canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All,I would like to hear some advice from the community about how to manage rolling intake on Canvas.Our school have a rolling intake every month, which mean we will have new students every month. At the moment, we are having a bit of problem in m...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Dear sir/ma,I was checking my last semester courses in Canvas and I noticed that they are all gone. How can I retrieve them? Thank you!Olatunde Idris Oparemi

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies