Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can I remove a rubric from an assignment without deleting the rubric from Canvas? I would like to remove the rubric while students do their peer review, but need it there when I grade the assignment?Or is there a way to have the students peer review ...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

In Canvas, where do I find the video(s) tab? This is where course recordings are saved.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you upload a file to an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a course in which it is very important that students not be able to see students in other sections of the course. All students are enrolled with the 'section only' access. As a precaution, I tried to figure out ways that teachers or students ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm trying to practice using Bongolearn on Canvas and I seem to keep getting stuck when I try to set it up. I think the reason is that I clicked 'no' to the deep link question ( I didn't want to say yes to something I didn't understand...). Anyway, I...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If using Modules as a home page, how does one suppress/eliminate/hide the sidebar showing To Do.    I would like to eliminate this sidebar so my students do not see this.  Please advise if this is possible. 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you delete extra Notes columns in Gradebook? 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Speed GraderI was trying to fix some of the broken links and noticed that the speed grader disappeared from my assignments page. I set the links, but I still do not see the speed grader link on the assignment page. Any ideas on how to add the speed g...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I copy just one test in my course? Not the entire course....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do you find the 'comments' section on assignments? Is it in a different location if using the Canvas App?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble downloading discussion board posts for the current semester, Summer 2020. I need to calculate the average post length for different discussion topics within different courses. For example, I have a discussion topic with 33 posts/r...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do I copy a page from one course to another? Export and import it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I set up an assignment and select "only available to students with link", How do students get or see the link?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This seems like the most basic thing but I can't find the option anywhere. 1. I don't want the students to see my corrections and comments as I make them, I want to finish grading each assignment before it gets posted.2. I don't want everyone to wait...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My organization is no longer going to be using Canvas in 6 months. I want to save the content from my courses for future reference without being able to access Canvas. Is there a way to do this?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me. I've posed this question a few times and have not had any luck.When a document is embedding into a page, there's a bar that goes across the top of the page when viewing the article.Is there a way to remove that b...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have searched Canvas guides and have not found an answer to this question: how do I print complete Canvas quiz answers for an individual student? Not analytics, the actual responses to individual questions. For example, when I try to print the Spee...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone, We had an issue today where someone used the ask your instructor a question box and it sent an email to 26 people.  Obviously this isn't ideal and I can't find the documentation stating exactly which roles get this email (not all the peo...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to exclude a quiz from being counted as part of the overall grade?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help! I'm providing technical support on one of our courses, and one of the students doesn't have the option to download their written feedback from an assignment whereas I'm told others in her cohort have been able to...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi I m trying to access the course of digital skills which I signed up to but wont allow me to could you help me

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I recover deleted quizes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to upload files into the discussion forum.  When I go through Canvas, through the settings, clicked on files, then clicked on upload, it comes back with error 400.  Could I please have help with embedding files to the discussion board.  T...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I move content from my sandbox to my course shell?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm in the process of retrofitting my entire course to make it fully accessible, and changing all my headings (for which I'd just used font sizes) to the actual Heading categories...but Canvas doesn't change them! The only way to implement the actual...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a Category question.  For this type of question it gives all or nothing for credit.  I have 10 items and want it to be 10 points, how can I change so each portion is counted?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a folder with 39 files that represents one assignment submission.  How can I do that without uploading each file individually - that's 39!

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I made a video in screencastify and want to embed it in a module in my class.  Could anyone provide steps on how I should do this?  I appreciate any assistance and guidance.Dianne Prosack

• 0 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I am trying to create an announcement and assignment and needing to copy and paste a URL to find it. I have NO idea how to do this. Where IS the URL?  Too confused.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

With all the remote instruction that we have all gone to, quickly in some cases, I wonder how other's are making sure students that need additional time are getting that.When the exam is open for an extended period like a week and students have a 60 ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies