Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, I am uploading all my files etc to Canvas.For each of my Assignments I have rubrics that I have already made that are like this:Is there an easy way I can copy these into Canvas?Thanks, Cathy

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student and can't see all of my past enrollments. That is, I can see some, but not all. Most are from the previous semester (Spring 2020) but one is from Spring 2019, so I'm not sure if that one class is shown in error, or if all of the other c...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get the annotation bar to come up in speed grader?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having difficulty figuring out how and where to copy a URL for modules created, and Pages etc to submit for my online course. I am creating everything ok I think but not knowing where to place the url on the solano instructure site for submissio...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have submitted my observation hours that I completed earlier this year, do I have to complete the online hours as well in my dashboard? When will I get approval for hours, how long does it take after submission?Also how do I go about applying for a...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What it is course map?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a final exam that was take-home and was supposed to be turned in to an assignment on canvas. When I finished the final, I submitted the assignment and went on with my day. The next day, I went to check it a grade had been put in yet and noticed...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having trouble pasting photos on the pages I am creating for a course. I have tried importing jpeg files, but within the text on the page, the image does not show up. It merely show the outline of the image with a question mark in the middle. I ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Tha gradebook how can I get a total grade for a student when one of the assignments has been excluded from the total

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HelloWhy don't you issue the Course Certificate with the user's full name (which is required to register at Canvas in the first place) instead of issuing it with his/her email address? I think it would be more motivating for more people to join cours...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the Growing with Canvas Module 1.9 Activity, I requires you to create an event and an assignment in your calendar. I only have a tab to create an event not an assignment. 

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Where can I find my third graders report card?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to download files but when I click to download it takes me to a login, which then shows it is unavailable for my access. Any ideas?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The rubric on an assignment no longer appears in the student view.  How do I correct this?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been grading for the past 4 hours using speed grader. I was down to almost the last 2 or 3 assignments when one student submitted a file with a HEIC extension example img-oo12.HEIC (I could not open this one) and when I finished entering her c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't figure out how to find to the "Preparing to Launch" training portal

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I'm starting a summer class on Monday and a registered student stated she is unable to see my class on Canvas. My class is published so I'm unsure how to guide her. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set up a sandbox?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I open up a test under assignments  for Marketing 240-41 for 1 student to take the test? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When adding teachers to a course, I received a message that said....unable to find matches for 4 of my teachers.  Advise?  I was using their school email address.  Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to embed a Google Document in the Rich Content Editor but it does not load, the littler circle keeps turning and never works.  We can pull YouTube videos pretty easily but cannot embed documents.  I am pretty worried since we are just mov...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I view only one student's posts in discussions in speed grader?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher, students could not upload assignments so i have them by email. but how do I now check plagiarism?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I go on canvas to try to view my grades, the page never loads. It's not my internet. I have been trying for over a month now.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I email the entire class roster as the instructor?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I change my Profile name or just add a space to in between ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to make sure I understand how this works because my colleagues have shared contradicting stories. If I choose the option on a particular assignment to post the grade MANUALLY and then use Speed grader on an iPad to make WRITTEN comments (not t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to export Question banks?

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Can students highlight a text in canvas and submit the highlighted text without being and external file or tool.  

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies