Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Bom diaGostaria de saber se é possível efetuar uma cópia de segurança de uma Disciplina, com todo o conteúdo introduzido pelo professor e as diferentes tarefas desenvolvidas pelos alunos.Obrigado!João NunesTranslation from Google Translate:Good Morni...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi thereI replaced the file with the new version and then my students lost all their notes over pdf. I tried to restore the file but it seems that it doesn't bring back students notes. Is there some other ways to restore their notes or are they lost ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do "observers" view grades of the student they observing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Simply, how do I upload a syllabus? Is the syllabus defined differently in Canvas? I am expecting to upload the traditional multi-page document that includes a course description, textbook, objectives, assignments, points for assignments, and schedul...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm researching the PROS and CONS of hosting Canvas on a dedicated server for up to 1000 students in a Vocational Skills Center.Question?Which Linux distro is preferred?  Debian 10, Centos 8, or Ubuntu Server?Does Canvas have backup utilities? What i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can a student and/or the professor reopen a completed quiz that has been closed in the canvas?   

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

it works on my app but when i want to use it on my laptop nothing loads. I am able to log in just fine but once i want to click on my course it never loads, everything is just blank.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I post the end of the term grades

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!I need to be out of my office for a week or so and want to set up automatic email reply. How is this done in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!My HS is also becoming a Canvas school, MVUSD.  I am watching a video on a live training. I am watching Virtual Best Practices and  Sky  is showing us her "getting started" page, at 17:07 of the live training.  She has a long list of videos sho...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know if there is a way to directly import questions from Classic to the New Quizzes?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I would like to embed an image in a quiz.  I have had some students report they are unable to see the image.  How can I embed an image for all to see.  (accessibility is not an issue - this is a nursing class so Alt Text is not needed)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With developer key for an external app, a user needs to accept/approve it  with authorization button in order to lunch the app.  Is this a one time process? Does it require user to click authorization button every time when user needs to use the tool...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I change my password in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i add courses to my dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add an Assignment to my Home Page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to delete course from dashboard

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor at HCC Coleman Campus in Houston Texas. My class will start June 8.I need to put all content in and exams which will take incredible work.I cannot get started. I tired to merge my two sections by the instructors but failed and now ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to upload video lectures and I get an error code 400. When I try a video less than 5 min it works fine. More than that and I get the error code 400. What am I doing wrong? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am an instructor at Macomb and have a question.How do I Align  gradebook with my First Day Handout?Thank you.Dr. Wani

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm looking to add a custom parameter to my institution's Piazza LTI integration. We're moving from another LMS to Canvas and we're trying to make sure we get as much of the same functionality as we were able to before. With the integration in our pr...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using new quizzes, is there a way to allow a calculator for certain students? In the moderate  tab, I see a function for accommodations. That revolves around time adjustments only.  Is there a way to provide a calculator? That would be amazing!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've organized my modules into categories, but there could be 12 topics within a module. I would like to distinguish them easily from each other.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change my template on canvas to the WSFCS template?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the image on my "card" for my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want students to sign up for groups, but I need them to select groups in a way that everyone consents to be in the group (i.e., no one can just sign up because they want to join the group -- they have to have the consent of everyone in the group to...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why does Canvas not round negative numbers ending in 5 correctly in formula questions? It will round -.5 to 0, or -.635 to -.63, it's very frustrating to have Canvas mark the answers as wrong because the student rounded correctly and Canvas did not. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I use Canvas for my high school English classes. I have always done my modules in order, adding the newest module at the end of the list, unpublishing past modules as we go. My colleague puts the most recent at the top. We will be using the blueprint...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make a Course to put my modules in that I need to put my shared modules back in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have an alumni who would like access to my summer 2020 course. Is it possible to add a guest in Canvas so that she can access the material?Thank you,Amber

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies