Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

In the training module, my left hand navigation do not seem to have the menu that was featured in the tutorial video.  I am supposed to change my home page and then participate in a discussion.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas community,several instructors at my institution including me have been having trouble uploading/saving media (audio but especially video) comments for feedback. We record and then click Save but it never uploads. The video just sits there w...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recorded a video and saved it and it sais failed to upload media source

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I made quizz with questions from several question bankI find reviewing the work of the student very difficult and time consuming. Specially ofcourse for the essay and upload questions.Is there a way to store the answers for this purpose?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,  sorry if this was already discussed I didnt see anything.  We want to create a learning resources module that will go in most courses and includes, tips and tricks, study skills and other resources.  Some info would be specific to the course...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As faculty, I want to make a recorded video that will then be on school canvas module for my students. I read the instructions and I dont even know how to get to the RCE page, that has video button ub a tool bar. Where is that? what is that? where do...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Is there a way to submit an item from a quiz via the testing center thru canvas?  If so could you please walk me through the steps.  Thanks!  @powens8786 ‌

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey guys,While we were testing, accidentally got Canvas LMS Admin user removed from Site Admin account from UI (apparently it's the only admin) . It seems we cannot access Canvas LMS through UI or any of tokens (either Access token or oAuth). Unfortu...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have some students who did a quiz after the due date and I am unable to see their responses, can anyone provide any help?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Shared Content was sent to be as an assignment.  It is waiting to be placed so I go to Account/Shared Content then to the Actions on the right side of that piece of content.  Next, I select the course and under that I select the module...only half of...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What permissions are needed to make api calls? Is everything allowed by Account Admin needed or can we tailor a role?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want my students to use a form that I created in Office365 to answer questions that go with a video. Can I create an assignment with it and then grade it within Canvas?Also, I want to have my students use a PowerPoint template that I have created f...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

During this pandemic, many parents have asked if there is a way they can be notified directly when there child doesn't turn in an assignment. Parents are overwhelmed by the Canvas page as it is and this would be a great asset to have, especially if w...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Assessment in canvas require continuous internet connectivity during compiletion?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When creating a video in Announcements, is there a time limit.My quick test video works fine, but once the full 5 minute announcement was recorded, I hit save and nothing happens.Can you advise?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I hid the column in the grade book and now I can't find it. 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to remove users in bulk under the "people" section for the school? Specifically under Admin > All Accounts > People.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to Canvas and have not gotten into the Mastery Paths yet. I have a course going live this week. I am using #prerequisites‌ and #modular requirements‌. What happens if a student decides they do not want to complete one of the items or does no...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I wrote two versions of a recent midterm and assigned one version to three sections of the class and the other version to the other three sections. I made sure that there were no students assigned to more than one section... But, at least one student...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have recently started using New Quizzes. For the past few quizzes, I have had both autograded questions (multiple choice, fill in the blank and drag and drop) and essay questions within the same quiz. When I look in the gradebook after students hav...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello. I'm hoping to create an interactive checklist within Canvas-Elms as a part of Orientation for students beginning their program this Fall. I am not an instructor but a staff member and do not see the option at the bottom right that says "Start ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm enrolled in professional development courses as a student but am unable to act as a teacher on my account so I can't create courses, assignments, etc. What can I do to change this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students submitted assignments by linking their Google Doc, and their documents were shown as gdoc, which I could not open. Could you please let me know how to open files with extension of gdoc?

• 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I'm configuring Zoom LTI pro and adding the canvas calendar integration as well.  But my Canvas is asking users/faculty to authorize the app.  Is there a security option on my Canvas that I can update in order for my users to avoid the extra step of ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If an instructor copies and pastes a Conference link from one course to another, can the students view that conference?This is the email that I received a few minutes ago:I tried to import a recorded Conference from one class to another. But I didn't...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Here what I've been doing, but my "Part 3" is not working... An "Exam" is in its own module (which I hate, but that seems to be the only way to do this). The previous module is a prerequisite and students must do the three tasks in the "Exam" module ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to submit proof that I updated my profile and worked on my announcement section under my Profile in Canvas to submit the assignment and I can't seem to get the Print Screen button to work to copy what I did on that screen.  What can I do?...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to adjust the default size of headers for our institution, and while doing some testing in our beta instance, I noticed that anytime I set a pixel size in the CSS, it gets reduced to 75% of the value I enter.h2 {  font-size: 18px;}There's...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I keep forgetting to go in and make sure each assignment has been changed from NO SUBMISSION so students can upload their assignments.  I would LOVE IT if I could just make that the default setting for all assignments.THANKS!!Kristy

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you re-use question from a quiz in your course, to a different quiz in your course?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies