Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Some of my older modules in 1 of my courses has disappeared.  How can I retrieve them? Will I still be able to access student work on the module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone get the following when integrating with Blackboard Collaborate Ultra?Unable to launch the Blackboard Collaborate scheduler.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you type a fraction in quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have noticed that there has been some discussion about instructors being able to see who likes an announcement or a post.  I assumed that I would be able to view this so I set up liking an announcement as a way to give extra credit for reading it (...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assigned a quiz containing multiple choice and written responses.  When I enter the points for the written portions, the test does not accept the points. Near the bottom of the test it shows "fudge points."  When I add the points there they get cal...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does the "Missing" status work? Only a few of my assignments do it automatically after the due date. How can I make all assignments automatically turn to "Missing" after due date?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I started a new class using Canvas Conferences, and I have recorded all of my lectures so far. In the past, it would take a few hours for the recordings to be saved in Conferences, and then they would appear as a drop-down button under each Conferenc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I upload an assignment to Canvas for an online class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I enable anonymous student feedback? I could not see a setting like this for the Discussions...Thanks,PK

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have a teacher who created a Google Doc with images and attached it to a Google Cloud Assignment. In Canvas some students are reporting that they only see a grey box with an exclamation point icon inside it instead of the image. When the teacher sh...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you load in a question bank from a textbook publisher into Canvas to create a quiz?  I can't believe I need to type in every question and the four multiple choice answers.Dr M

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How long after I register and pay does it take for Canvas to say I have enrolled in a class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 3 videos created in Camtasia 2020 and rendered to Google Drive. I don't want to embed the videos on the canvas page because it doesn't look visually pleasing. How do I link each video text to the video in Google Drive without embedding the vid...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A faculty in Teacher Education is asking how to add an Adjunct Instructor to the canvas course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am no longer enrolled in the class since one of them ended last year and the other last semester yet they still show in the courses tab on Canvas. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a 16 page file that students are trying to upload each individual page, is there a limit to the number of attachments they can submit at one time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello everyone! I hope this is an easy question. I am working on making an orientation module for our international students. I would like to find student guides in as many languages available. I have only been able to find Spanish and Portuguese. Ar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Why can't we see grade distribution graphs from students in "Test student" mode? This is a serious oversight for instructors not to be able to view what their students can see. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I print out  print out the attendance record for the entire class?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to enable two different grading schemes in one Canvas course based on section. So students in section 12345 will have grade scheme A applied to their final grade and students in section 56789 will have grade scheme B applied to their final gra...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create sand box courses for my faculty?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have exported my gradebook into an excel document.  Where is the course folder for me to upload the files?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have published assignments but some are not showing up.  The Module shows no published assignments.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO ON CANVAS

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've just created a new teacher account via https://www.canvas.instructure.com . All the name fields in Settings are blank. These fields used to default to the username data entered on the new account dialog. This has changed recently and now my appl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to get a list of all of my student assignments onto one page? I would like to use this as a checklist for my remote learning log. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I integrate qultrics into canvas? It asks for a customer key and shared secret?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-17-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a student, my instructor has asked of all students to upload an introductory video into a discussion that was created. As an example, my instructor uploaded a video as a reply to the initial discussion post. Many other students have also replied. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to put zeroes in assignments for missing assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any way I can receive a confirmation email to make sure I submit an assignment or quiz? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies