Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I installed Canvas on my own server wanting to learn more about it. When I try to upload a file i get this error. I have no problem however attaching files to discussion threads and those files show up in "My Files" but in a un-named folder. There is...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

While trying to access the QR code for a self hosted instance we receive the following error:doFetchApi received a bad response: 404 Not FoundWho could point me in the right direction.Thanks.

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I link my USA Learns class to Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to have your homepage change automatically? I'd like to have a "go to the current module" button on the homepage that changes every Friday at noon automatically. So I would set up one homepage to have the button link to the overview fo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know of a course for My Perspective's 7th grade ELA curriculum?First time user and I am trying not to recreate the wheel. Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to know the length of a students paper with speed reader

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible for students to award points to other students in competency areas? For example, if Student A sees that Student B makes a good comment about "Subject Matter 1," Student A could award a point to the "Subject Matter 1" competency to Stud...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I export content of a course to another course that is with a different Canvas account (between two different institutions)?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I copy an image from a Google Doc into an announcement?  In Brightspace, these copied and pasted with just a right click.  So easy!  Do I have to actually save each image to copy into Canvas? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 2 quizzes in my course (the last 2) that will not allow me to add points to the open ended questions or change points on the multi-choice questions as needed. This is the last 2 quizzes out of 12 for the semester. The other quizzes were fine. ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Quizzes/EssaysHello, Is it possible to have a tool  bar for editing timed essays in Quizzes, similar to editing essays in assignments?  Currently there is only a box for comments, rather than specific parts of the essay.Or, another option is to put a...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

CANVAS is showing Instructor (me) and students their grades based only on the work they did and isn't factoring in work they failed to do.  So if they did one out of ten assignments and got a B on the one assignment they did, they'll see a B as their...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My goal: Export quiz results to Google Sheets, manipulate the data in Google Sheets to create graphs and charts. Use the same Google Sheets structure to display data from future quizzes.The issue: The response count shown in canvas for each question ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I feel the question bank design in Canvas requires substantial rehauling .Exporting and reusing the questions in the bank is very complicated and very difficult to grasp.I would prefer a sticky question bank (in my account) that is always available w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to grade a "quiz" which contains 1) automatically graded t/f and multiple choice questions and 2) essay questions. It isn't allowing my to enter the points for each discussion response. I'm not finding anything helpful in the guides. Any t...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A teacher asked me the following question, "I have fifty multiple choice questions on a doc. How can I input them into a canvas quiz without having to enter each question and every answer choice separately? Will take forever. I want to be able to sh...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of the assignments turned in by my students have the grading tools in the bar above, some do not? Which format has the tools? How do I change them all to have the tools available?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am using SpeedGrader, some versions of papers that students submit have all of the grading tools in the bar above them, others don't.  How can I transfer papers to the correct format so the tools are available?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to embed a Pinterest board. I tried the widget builder from Pinterest.I followed the instructions in an outdated article where I have to use iframe. The closest I have been is this: Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I clear a student's quiz grade so they can retake it?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like students to create graphs in their responses (plotting points and graphing functions mainly). I've found ways to insert a graph as a part of the question but not to have students graph their response. Any ideas?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to best use Canvas as a Counselor Mentor?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I have created a quiz. For some of the questions, I want to manually add a picture to the question from my laptop. More specifically, when I edit the quiz, I go to the "Questions" section and manually edit the questions for which I want to incl...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I have started marking and entering grades, and noticed a few typos in one of the grading criteria.. i want to correct the text within those criteria.. am i able to do that without risking a mishap with the grades that have been entered? So basic...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was working on a text assignment using the text box option and the due date had gone over but I was not immediately locked out of the assignment, I finished the assignment and when I went to turn it in, I was blocked access. I did not save/copy the...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've created an essay quiz where all the answers are of type "essay."  Can I download all of the student answers so that I can grade them offline?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When in student view I cannot access some links in Modules "Access Denied"? They are step up through copy/paste URL.

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello everyone,I would like to apply the same rubric to all of the Discussion Posts students will complete. Is there a way to apply a rubric to an Assignment Group? Or do I have to “add a rubric” to eaxh and every individual Discussion Board?Thanks i...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have completed 9.11 TNT 601 PPR Review and am wanting to take the PPR exam. Am I able to take the exam now and if so can I be released to do so. My school district is wanting me to take the exam since I already have a position.Thank YouAnthony Mart...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am evaluating student engagement via Canvas Conference and looking at the statistics that have been provided. There is a column called 'Duration' in the statistics provided, and I have a question regarding what this measures - does this measure ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies