Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello,I have published my course but when I checked the student view, it is showing "No modules have been defined for this course". I tried enabling this from the navigation link but I only saw the option to enable. So, I am a little confused of what...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why in my grade book does it show an icon for some students instead of a grade when I have entered a grade for the assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a team-graded assignments for the students.  However, I would like to give the students in a team different grades for just a few of the assignments.  Is there any way to do that?  All grades have been assigned (and all assignments for that p...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I use one of my pages as the front page, but even though I have a date and heading when I edit it, these two things don't show up when I view/student view it....How can I change that?Also, I would like my students to be able to go back to previous 'f...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Har gjort Grupper för att kunna tilldela quiz samt uppgifter tidsstyrt men detta fungerade inte.Första gruppen skulle ha kl.09:00 - 11:00 Grupp 2 skall ha kl.12:00 - 14:00Jag har tilldelat grupperna under - personer - grupper med 16 per i varje grupp...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When my class first start an assignment some of my students are missing the submit button to upload their work. The rest of the class have this button. How do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to stop disabling a unit?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add a part time student on the same course but a different module onto another module so se can be part of the conferences with that group.  How do I do that?

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am having trouble downloading assignments so I can save students' work in my desktop folders.  Until this week, if the work or projects were completed in Word, the downloads went smoothly.  However, this week, every time I try to download, it is on...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Creating Quiz: Question? Is there a quick way of transferring my quiz in word file to the questions aside from copy and paste from details to questions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I spent the afternoon carefully building an exam in the "quizzes" tool, but when I preview it various elements do not correspond to what I intended. For example, I gave names to each of my individual questions, grouping and numbering them by section,...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Adding a rubric to assgnments.Why has the rubric button disappeared from edit assignments view and how do I get it back?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I retrieve unpublished assignments from an unpublished module. I was loading assignments and chose to place the module at the top of the page. It did not move and all of the assignments disappeared.

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to allow another professor to access my course from last term: He needs access because he will be teaching the course next winter and needs to see what I taught.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a quiz, I click the icon "insert math equation". the icon appears where it should be but below the whole quiz text and corrupted: with a large width and not workable. It is interesting  it happens only with this quiz; with others it wor...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear Friends,Please see my attached. when i insert a new quizz is ok show out assign to:But when I edit a quizz and add assign to:it's not show dropdown for choose??please tell me why?[image revealing students' full names redacted by Community Team]

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course is set up so there are three sections that I cross-listed into one course.  I used Flipgrid as an external tool to create an assignment for students.  I created three separate assignments, one for each section of students in the course.  Wh...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to use the Grading tools in Canvas, but I am stuck on the following issue.  I have a few assignments for which  I want to enter separate 'grade assignment group' grades. For example, for a Presentation, I want to give students a grade for "Com...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you randomize the order of your test items, can you still get an item analysis? Furthermore, how does item grouping work with item analysis? 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wondering if I can save time preparing my midterm exams by simply moving some questions I have already written in QUIZZES  to a new QUIZ.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas Community,Is there a way that I can see what pages students have viewed? Is there a setting I need to turn on when I set up the modules to enable this?Thanks!-Sophie

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Student can't join a conference. He can see the conference but doesn't see the "join" tab???

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I print a copy of the syllabus?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiI'm using the new attempt limitation for assignments (tests/quizzes in SCORM package that include an Articulate Storyline 360 quiz).If a student unintentionally open the assignment without taking the quiz, the LMS captures it as a first attempt and...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I get my students to upload a video into CANVAS as an assessment??

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Had an exam on canvas close May 1 at midnight. I went to reopen the exam for one student and have it due tomorrow at 10 pm, I assigned it to the one student then saved. Now all the grades from the other students are "gray" and show nothing in speed g...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, we use "rubric grading by question" function in Speedgrader when we mark the assignment. One long question has about 20 marking points. I find that I cannot save the results for that question. Every time I click "save" then the system gets ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Eu fiz a avaliação para a conclusão do curso "Brinquedoteca e suas diferentes dimensões", como faço para conseguir o certificado?Esta mensagem foi traduzida usando o Google Translate.Subject: course certificateMessage: I did the evaluation for the co...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

a survey with one question. Students can choose option1, option 2, or option 3. ungraded

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies