Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Dear Canvas Community,Is there a way that I can see what pages students have viewed? Is there a setting I need to turn on when I set up the modules to enable this?Thanks!-Sophie

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Student can't join a conference. He can see the conference but doesn't see the "join" tab???

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I print a copy of the syllabus?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiI'm using the new attempt limitation for assignments (tests/quizzes in SCORM package that include an Articulate Storyline 360 quiz).If a student unintentionally open the assignment without taking the quiz, the LMS captures it as a first attempt and...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I get my students to upload a video into CANVAS as an assessment??

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Had an exam on canvas close May 1 at midnight. I went to reopen the exam for one student and have it due tomorrow at 10 pm, I assigned it to the one student then saved. Now all the grades from the other students are "gray" and show nothing in speed g...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, we use "rubric grading by question" function in Speedgrader when we mark the assignment. One long question has about 20 marking points. I find that I cannot save the results for that question. Every time I click "save" then the system gets ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Eu fiz a avaliação para a conclusão do curso "Brinquedoteca e suas diferentes dimensões", como faço para conseguir o certificado?Esta mensagem foi traduzida usando o Google Translate.Subject: course certificateMessage: I did the evaluation for the co...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

a survey with one question. Students can choose option1, option 2, or option 3. ungraded

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible for students to save a quiz without turning it in and go back to it later? I want to create a quiz with no time limit where this would be possible. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question on a quiz that the resul is R=1.215e-4L atm/K mol but it says rond to four digits after decimal point, but when I try to do it , it changes to 0.0001 it is only five question quiz, and I don't want to get it wrong, how to write the ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had a quiz with 105 points already graded. I wanted the total grade to be 100 and have 5 bonus points. I therefore edited the quiz by changing a 5 points question to 0. So while the total is now 100, all student's grade is unchanged. I would like n...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to upload images to Canvas to embed in a "Quiz." Canvas seems to want me to use the Files section to store images for embedding, but I have made Files visible to students in order to share course documents with them. I would not like them ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I get a list of students who have participated in a discussion thread?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to create an essay portion of an exam (20 points total), and allow students to choose any 4 (of 6 possible) essays to answer (up to 5 points for each). This is part of a larger exam, that also includes multiple choice, matching, and t/f questi...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I regrade an assessment within new quizzes?  I have searched the information that is out there, but my screens don't look like that.  I have a class of 52 students, so I don't want to regrade each question individually.  I want to give all poi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the title says, every module in my course that I have completed is suddenly labled incomplete and locked, so I cannot finish the coursework. The deadline has not yet passed, it is within the week however so I am quite frantic.

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know that for a quiz, Canvas can shuffle the order in which answer options are presented to a student. But after the quiz, is there a way for me to see the shuffle order -- the order in which answer options were presented to particular students?  F...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What does the ! in the final course grade slot mean?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to set assignments so that students must post before seeing other students?I remember seeing this feature but it appears to be missing now

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I downloaded a course in Prepare to Teach for fall 2020. After I did that, the schedule change and I now have a different section. So, I need to delete the one section, so the other professor has access. What's the best way to do that. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I randomize exam questions with different point values?  Every student will have the same set of questions. However, I want to randomize the entire test.

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I publish the final exam?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For some reason I cannot view my post in the discussion board.  Is there a shortcut?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to quizzing w CANVAS.  I created some question banks to build an exam.  I created a series of banks and then drew samples from them for various sections of the exam.  I checked it and tested it and it seemed to be working well.  Students hav...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am a private consultant who does instruction at several colleges and with several corporate clients. I have a State approved training program which before COVID-19 was done face to face.I have created the course cards and am creating the content to...

• 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Can we only release the feedback comments to students and not the marks/points?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey there,If a student emails a piece of work to you, can you upload it (where it was supposed to go) on their behalf?Be well,Warren

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies