Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can a teacher who creates a free Canvas teacher account track student time? The free teacher account tracks page views but I need it to track a student's total time (or time accessed by page). Is there a paid teacher version that has this? I think th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Migrating old quiz banks to the new quiz engine:I have about 100 different question types, each with 5 versions. These are ones I've made myself--they are not from a publisher's question bank. That makes for 100 question banks--one question type per ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2022 View Solution
  • 11 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Is there a way to pull up assignments once they have been graded?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi.  I got this request from a teacher and it makes sense. I couldn't find anything that really answers aside from organizing in Modules etc.  This is in relation to the Quiz index page only..."Canvas organizes Quizzes by separating Quizzes, Practice...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I try to record in canvas for a lesson, the record/upload media will only record my voice not video.  Where do I go to fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I go on course progress, I see all of the grades listed. Some of the grades aren't listed and there are pictures. What does the picture mean?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an admin in canvas as a student. How do I change her role?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning,I created a New Quiz for one of my classes, and when I transfer that quiz to my other class the questions are not there The quiz is blank. Please let me know what I am required to do.Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What would be the reasons for using “Manual Unlock” for an additional attempt versus just creating a new assign (+Add) for that student?My first thought is manual unlock does not include a due date which can be a con for using it.Thoughts?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a module with pages in my blueprint. When the blueprint has been synced the module has not come across to the individual classes, however, all the pages can be found in pages and all other content eg quizzes, assignments etc within the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I copy a Quiz I have used for 1 course and put the quiz in a different course without having to re-enter the entire quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I currently teach 3 classes of one subject and 2 classes of another subject. When I initially set up those courses in Canvas, I set up 5 courses.  I would like to now have only 2 courses to eliminate extra work of copying assignments. Is there any wa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am the lead instructor for my course and over the last 24 hours have not been able to post announcements. Please advise on how I can resolve this. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was the instructor of record for a course for the past 25 years.  Last fall (2019) I was on sabbatical.  A colleague taught the course on my behalf.  To access the Fall 2019 course in Canvas I need to be added as an instructor.  Can you help me acc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Will the new quiz format ultimately be compatible with LockDown browser?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 Replies

While trying to upload a file (5,4MB) i get the "failed to create new item" message. Does anyone know why that happens?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My super has asked me to do a comparison of the three and this is what he wants to know about it. What are the feature differences between the three and how well do they integrate into Canvas? Any assistance you can provide would be most appreciated....

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

where do i find GDPR ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I have recently set up a quiz with the functions of "shuffling" and "not allowing students to reverse back" to previous question items.However, when I received the responses, I found that the answers in the fill-in-the blanks are all jumbled up.S...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm enrolled as a TA on a range of modules at Queens University. I have been asked to make a new announcement on these modules but when I click new announcement it brings me to a blank page and won't let me create one. what do i need to do to get...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, we are still testing out New Quizzes, and are seeing something somewhat unexpected. When we create a new quiz from Quizzes tab, we see the box pop up asking us to Choose a Quiz Engine. But we don't see this same box pop up when we create a ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all, is there a way to print the rubrics we create? The one I have made for my midterm I tried to copy and Paste onto a Word document but it is just too big and I fiddled long enough to resize and make it fit onto one sheet but no luck...It wou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to know how to download videos submitted by students to make a combined video.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created# a course inside Instructure platform. In summer,  I will teach it in a university which using its own Canvas. Will I be able just move this course to their Canvas? Thank you. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When my child is logged in and doing his assignments; how can I see they are submitted successfully? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an admin, can you disable the file uploading for teachers but not with students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a quiz that isn't showing up the marks in the mark book. When I checked in Speedgrader is says This submission is not in any grading period. How do I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I gave 7 quizzes. Five were 100 points each. The last two were 21 points and 24 points. I want each quiz to count equally in the average. Canvas is calculating the average quiz grade from the total number of points, which slights the last two quizzes...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like help creating a quiz. I usually import the questions from Blackborad 6,7, 8, but for this particular assessment the quiz is a word document. Is there a way other than manually typing each question or cutting and pasting each question in ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies