Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I download a form, fill it out and submit it to a teacher?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using a fillable PDF for assignments. When I view it in Speed Grader the answers are printed in duplicate but not aligned so I cannot read the student responses. I want to use the annotation tools that are part of Canvas' speed grader so I do no...

• 1 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I added end dates to all my Canvas assignments (created and assigned between 3/13 – 4/19) to make them disappear from students’ to-do lists. However, when I checked on student view to make sure they had actually disappeared, I could still see them li...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I setup a quiz to have a "base" point value like +10 for all students?  I understand how to work with Fudge points, but that does not change the total point value of the quiz.  For instance I want a quiz that is out of 28 points with question...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I've registered into Canvas as a parent, but how I can view all my children? I can only review one at this time. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been making short videos of the lecture portion of my classes, and been pasting the link to the assignments. I would like to be able to check if, and which students have actually watched the videos.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to calculate a grade in gradebook

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In the quiz for a numerical answer what is the format for an exponential?Example How is the following number entered?2.32x10-7or0.000000232or2.32E-7or2.32e-7

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Somehow all the boxes on my dashboard are very small.  How do I make it bigger again?  I am too old to read it like this!  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i think i accidentally created my account as a student. how do i delete it?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am grading submitted homework but cannot seem to undo strike throughs on assignment when using the strikethrough tool

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If students are broken into groups does the whole entire class see posts and discussions or do they just see them within their own group?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to see a student's grades during a certain date range?  To give background to the situation, our governor decided that grades could be no lower than they were March 20. This announcement was made after March 20. Students were and are c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just made had a conference in Canvas with few attendees.  How can the students not on the conference access the recordings?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

SpeedGrader was working fine for me last week; however, now when I click on the "Free annotation tool" to start drawing comments, as soon as I click on the paper it starts drawing and won't stop, so that I just get a mass of scribbles on the page.  I...

• 1 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I have had images (JPG, etc) on my modules, pages, etc ever since I started using CANVAS. I was having another technological problem unrelated to this software and it was suggested I upgrade my operating system to Mojave so I did. Every since then, n...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make a quiz with true and false answers?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to unpublish announcements. I still want to be able to see them but I do not want all of them to be visible to students.  I can only find a delete option.  I don't want to delete them completely. I just want to take some away for students to m...

• 8 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Does embedding a video use as much storage as uploading a video? Is it always best to just post a link --- in terms of Canvas storage limits?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We just launched Canvas last week.  I published my Week 1 and published all of my modules.  My students do not have the modules.  It is not popping up on their end.  The only module showing is the Parent Help Module.  Does my admin. have to publish t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I require the students Open an Announcement Prior to moving to any other area of the Course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to send a video message to my students each day.  How do I do this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't find "student view" in one of my teacher's courses. Can someone direct me where I could find it? I've looked in Settings, on the right hand side and it's not there.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Do my published modules in Canvas automatically link to the calendar?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can i create an assignment where my student can click a button that they have complete the assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I find out the word count of a submitted paper in speedgrader without downloading it?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why are some of the courses showing up on the calendar and others are not and are greyed out on the right side column?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a Para working with many students and I have run into a question that I do not know how to answer. How do you post a picture onto canvas? Teachers are requiring students to post the pictures for credit of the work and I don't know how to assist ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change my email address for sign in and notifications?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies