Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

This is an error that must be either part of my account or else the Canvas framework, and a strange one at that.I am very well versed in Canvas, I know the steps to share, change, move, and nearly everything that you can think of.  With that said, I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-23-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Once you've graded assignments in speed grader, do they automatically transfer to the Gradebook?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There. I have set up a short course in Canvas that ends up with a multiple choice end of class Quiz. The results of this appear in the gradebook. Is there a way to receive a notification of when a student completes that quiz? Right now I have to k...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Once I've graded an assignment using speedgrader, do those grades automatically get posted on the Canvas gradebook so I can record them later?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an easier way to grade submissions other than having 150 hit your email all  at once?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the benefit of downloading all student submissions and then re-uploading them again?When students make submissions on my email - "external submission received", are they also picked up by Speedgrader for grading? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When i create a quiz i do not have a choose a quiz enigne option. So i also do not have settings that i can change to randomize and choose from a large question bank. why not?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Buenos días.Hoy es el primer día que he podido acceder al curso.No sé si me he perdido algo.Agradecería instrucciones.Muchas gracias.Espero que estén todos bien.Francisca Romero Andújarromero.paqui@gmail.comTranslation from Google Translate:Good Morn...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are you able to embed H5P into a quiz on canvas??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Using Conferences is problematic in Canvas because our university is using the free version of BigBlueButton. What does it cost to upgrade to a scalable version?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to create root admin account

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to start canvas for my institute and need to create root admin account. So that from there i can add different admins and users.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am having trouble using the apple pen to mark up on speedgrader. It merely moves the image around instead of drawing lines. Marking up works just fine via speed grader using a mouse on a laptop.I am not sure where the issue is - a setting with t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,An re-assessment task that has been added to Canvas is not working. The document has been added, however, the students can not access the document and so cannot resubmitCan you please help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

For a "new" quiz tool that is timed and it is to be taken only once. If student starts (countdown starts) but accidentally closes the tab/window. Can the student re-log in and continue where he/she left off (with the time still counting from the orig...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As my students submit comments for discussion boards, some of the comments will post multiple times--as many as 20 times in a row, all in the same minute. This is very embarrassing to my students, when the entire page is filled with their one comment...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I move a module of 6 videos from 1 canvas class to another canvas class?#1

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I print exam answers in a batch for grading?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I set up a module to publish automatically and close automatically?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when creating a meeting in calendar I do not have the assignment tab or appointment tab

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Friends,My teachers use bigbluebutton for conferences (limit version). It's just 10 conferences in the same time.How to warning for the teachers know about number of references are running. They'll switch to zoom or microsoft meetings?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My my fifth grade partner and I share materials, so I import her reading modules and she imports my math modules. I imported her module for our week 2 instruction and added them to my own week 2 module. When I went to grade one of the assignments in ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to find the existing Q&A but could not. This question is urgent since the quiz is within two days. I appreciate your help. In Canvas Quiz, I need to figure out how to give extra time for students in accommodation. It seems that there are two ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to online classes.  I just finished lesson 1. Now what do I do? Is my productivity being logged?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a quiz that has some essay responses and some multiple choice-type responses.  Canvas has scored the ones it can, and I am working on grading the others.  I want to hide the grades for everyone until I'm done.  I have tried changing the gradin...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do allow canvas to access my microphone and webcam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-24-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 20 Replies

Hi! I had an assignment due on 4/7 (although in Canvas, it says there's no due date) and all my students were able to upload their submissions and I even reviewed some of their assignments in SpeedGrader with my students on zoom although I haven't gr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I copy a quiz and rename it to use again (or parts of it) in the same course?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I get content from Master Course into a new Course? I see the shell for the new course, and I tried the copy to option from Master Course but the content is not showing in the new course.Thank youPaula

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies