Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How can I add HW questions from the textbook? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I embed the pie charts/graphs of a Google Forms results page into a Canvas discussion? I understand how to embed the form/survey itself, but I'd like students to be able to see the live results in a chart format. I saw some posts indicating t...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have Nearpod Draw It activities in my modules for my students but when they submit their work, on my end all I see is a circle that says 0% and it won't show me their actual work so I cannot look at it. Why is this happening and how can I fix it? @...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How come when I click on take quiz nothing happens?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to expand the announcements so that I can see the replies all at once?  I ask my students a "fun/engagement" question each day and try to respond but its a lot of opening and closing announcements.  I can see there are replies, but wou...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating events on my calendar, I noticed that it would be easier to duplicate certain events so that they are listed only on certain days of the week. However, I'm not sure if that's entirely possible...   Here is a real example that you can...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to export grades that will show only the current view and not an entire grading period? I want to see grades for specific dates, sections, or modules only so I don't have to sort through the csv file to find everything.

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have found an inconsistency in the grading standards Canvas API and want to know if it is on purpose or a bugThe behavior of grading standards in the UI is like this:Account administrators can read and edit account-level grading standardsTeachers ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why cant i authorize my google drive? no matter how many times i try.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Has anyone been having trouble with MS Word documents in Speedgrader with regard to the format of the MS referencing tool being all wrong, although it is fine in the Turnitin checker? If my students are using Word referencing tab for in text refer...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am the main teach of this course and my assistant teacher is on canvas with students and I have had a difficult time connecting to her and sharing the files.  How do I connect with my class from my canvas page,

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot load my books on canvas. nor is the website coming up properly!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created quizzes using MS Forms, but I don't know how to load them into the "Quizzes" tab in Canvas.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have set up an account and trialing this with some students i have published an assignment but it says to them it is part of an unpublished assignment and they cannot access it,But it is published.Can some one advise please.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, when creating a new quiz in a course, previewing it and then attempting to continue editing the quiz – I see the attached warning in a blue box:"Students have either already taken or started taking this quiz, so take care when editing it. If you ...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello.I would like to use the lockdown feature in Canvas but I want to ask a question that requires students to upload their answer as either a pdf, doc, or docx file. Is there a way to use the lockdown feature yet allow students to upload their answ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do you mark a quiz if the answers are essay style? All I get is an excel spreadsheet that is not especially user friendly when all answers are short or long answers?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to submit multiple correct answers for a "fill in the blank" question on the new quizzes function?  I would like to use the new quiz format because it forgives spelling errors for fill in the blanks but I can't find a way to add more t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I switched to using the gradebook when we shifted to remote instruction due to COVID19.  I added earlier points in as as manual entries.  My students can see their scores on work entered as quizzes but not columns I created to adjust for past points....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How is data managed/stored in CANVAS? What data securities are in place?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are any of you experiencing issues with images not showing up in Safari (13.1) images not showing up in Canvas or are broken? I've looked at may announcements on Safari in both Teacher mode and Student mode and my images are not showing up. When I lo...

• 1 Likes
  • 18 Replies

Hello!I’ve noticed the similarity report flags in the Gradebook change colors after a period of time, as if they’ve auto-updated.How can I perform this auto-update manually? I’d like to batch-generate new similarity scores for a whole assignment, not...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

dear pro,the teachers using Conferences / BigBlueButton in Canvas Instructure.if there are less than 10 classes teaching and using conferences then everything is ok. but over 10 classes are using the conference, it will get out. how to display a warn...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I, as a student view past submission feedback? For example I submitted multiple times in order to make a correction, but the professor only put feedback in the first submission, how do I see the past feedback from the first submission?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Trying to access byu student portal and it’s keep giving me the alert that my browser does not meet the minimum requirements for canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use Macbook Air and I cannot open canvas and see some part of assignment. I have to use other computer. What should I do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The pictures and PDF's won't load. Absolutely nothing is loading on canvas, and I don't think it's my internet, what do I do?? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have done this before, but cannot find out how to access the "consumer key" and "shared secret" for this app?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a teacher enrolling for a training course and hurriedly made my account as if I am the teacher. In reality I am a student and would like to take the following class: LTW I - Spring 2020.Thank you.Joanne Kuehnast

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies