Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to easily take questions from quizzes and add them to a new Question bank?  I would like to not have to re-type everything to create a bank for use on an on-line exam.

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have had to make an oral presentation & I can't get the file uploaded

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I attach a Power point to an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who was given a school computer. She has not been able to log into Canvas. I have reset her password twice. She has brought her laptop into the school. She is still not able to log in. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I check my lessons in Student View, I get a message that says blank blank blank hasn't been unlocked yet. 

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have students using the "New Quiz" as a sort of digital worksheet. I have a series of several "Essay" questions that I plan on grading, but my first student just completed the assignment and it automatically graded the essay questions and gave them...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How can I remove a wait-listed student from a course?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If an instructor make a mistake and delete a class, is it removed from all teachers?  Is there anyway you can retrieve that class. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I upload a video from Quick time to Canvas

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HiI marked a discussion with comments and marks. This discussion is being moderated and when it was looked at again all the comments are missing but the marks are still there. HELP!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to download files for grading, but they won't download as normal Microsoft Word documents as they normally do. They download as html files that take me to a login when I try to open them. This is the first time this has happened and this g...

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hi everyone! Hope you all are well and safe! Something weird is happening with my pinned discussions. I, as an instructor, can see them under "Pinned discussions", but my students can't. Any ideas why?  Thanks! Belén

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to log in to canvas I time out and sometimes it tells me my password is incorrect.Alan Adams NMMI

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I drop the lowest quiz grade

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using the new quiz generator, but I can't find the quizzes once they are completed to add them to modules. What am I doing wrong?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student was having technical difficulties and I need to reset the midterm for him.  Help!!!!

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I am developing a foreign language course and it would really be beneficial to be able to click a word and have the pronunciation play upon clicking. Currently, I do not see a way to do that. I can only put the audio recording below the word and ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to students view teacher comments on submitted assignments

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I uploaded an Edpuzzle assignment and not all my students are listed in the assignment. How do I fix this?edpuzzle‌ #Edpuzzlemissingstudents‌

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm an admin and want to give a school administrator a permission setting to act as a teacher for all of our school courses in Canvas.  She wants to add assignments in Canvas to courses that she currently does not teach.  What do I need to do?  Do I ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am breaking up an existing quiz into 2 quizzes for my current course. I imported the quiz once, renamed it, and then took out the questions I didn't need. When I attempt to import it again so I can create the other quiz using the other half of the ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A student submitted a file that is a .pages file type (Apple) to "assignments" but it doesn't show, as a .docx would. Won't download either, and I'm on a Mac. Correction: it downloads as a web file that only asks for me to log in to Canvas again.

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

These all show up when I log into my phone or use my old computer so I do not understand why it doesn't work on this computer. How do I fix this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The font-size in Canvas questions (for writing the questions, *not* student essay answers) doesn't seem to work in a normal way. For example, if the font-size for the question is set as 12, the font looks small. But if you highlight the entire questi...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In New Quizzes you can shuffle the answers. When you shuffle the answers, a 'lock'-symbol appears next to every option. However, this doesn't seem to work?When I lock an option, the answers are still shuffled.(see screenshots)Am I doing something wro...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I combine two tests within the same course?  How do I duplicate the questions quickly from one quiz/test to another?  I couldn't find the answer in this "help" center.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way I can upload something for my students so that they may print it at home?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!With e-learning in full swing, I'm attempting to place requirements on each weekly module. Would an embedded Google Form for my students to fill out count as 'contribute to page' in the module?Maigan

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you get Canvas to transfer a "completed" assignment as a "collected" assignment in PowerSchool using Grade Passback?  The issue is that when you mark the student assignment complete, it shows up with points as a "0" and if you edit the assignm...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies